Business Analyst – AEM
Location Address: 333 King St E, Toronto WFH – potentially may be required to come in once a quarter once restrictions lift
Contract Duration: End 10/24/2022
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours 9- 5
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Digital marketing supports all marketing, go to market notification, content updates that are required to support digital sales and also support any marketing initiatives for the broader bank within the digital space.
Project: Advice+ – Support all updates to public facing websites required to launch the new sit. The Business Analyst will collaborate with partners in multiple technology teams, QA, content management, accessibility, analytics, and SEO, business line, and design, for:
– Technical and UX solutioning
– Research spike and story writing to fulfill the solution
– Documentation and training of content authors for the new CMS functionality
– Consultation/support throughout the project lifecycle
Candidate Value Proposition: You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
Typical Day in Role:
– Working closely with engineering technology team (close neighbor/partner)
– Participating in team meetings, making technology recommendations based on the platform
– Book ad-hoc meetings to understand tech requirements for delivery
– Sprint planning and technology grooming
– Other team/department meetings.
– Ideally, you have an Engineering or Computer Science degree, and pride yourself on analysis, logical thinking and problem-solving skills with a lean and agile mentality.
– Champion a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
– Identify and report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make platform recommendations to cross-functional teams.
-Identify and report on common sources of technical issues and support teams in quickly finding a resolution
– Stays on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the platform and the digital customer experience.
– Lead with a strategic mindset and understands the platform principles of reusability and scalability.
– Work with cross-functional teams in determining the best edge cases to support reusability across the platform.
– Define and document the platform user requirements while keeping an eye out for any process important opportunities.
– Define clear requirements by writing and updating agile stories.
– Support with backlog grooming and prioritization and participates in test case definition and user acceptance testing.
– Understand how the organization's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Champion a customer-focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader relationships, systems and knowledge.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 2+ years of previous BA experience in an agile environment; understanding SDLC, technical requirements, eliciting business requirements
2) Knowledge/experience working with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
3) Experience with documentation and project management platforms such as Confluence and JIRA
4) Overall website accessibility knowledge (WCAG AA)
5) 2+ years general knowledge of web technologies, reviewing wireframes, mobile design practices
6) Strong communication and writing skills; will need to write user stories
1) Knowledge of UX design, and knowledge of design systems
2) Adobe Certified Business Practitioner certification
3) Industry-related certifications such as CBAP
4) Basic knowledge of programming
Soft Skills Required:
– Works in a self-guided manner with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage own time efficiently
– Works with teams, stakeholders and end-user customers
– Strong communication and business writing skills.
– Analytical and creative thinking and practical problem-solving skills.
– A positive and resilient personality, open to receiving feedback and other team members' opinions.
– Comfortable working within tight timeframes and with working creatively within specific constraints.
– A fast learner who has an appetite to learn what’s behind both simple and complex financial solutions.
Degrees: Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field such as computer science or computer engineering is a bonus.
Candidate Review & Selection:
– 2 remote video interviews via Microsoft Teams; 30 minutes each; first call with manager, second call with partners
– Sample user story required prior to second interview (instructions to be provided)
– Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP
– If there are no candidates with AEM experience, manager is open to reviewing resumes with CMS and Design experience
– Someone who is a new grad would have trouble jumping into role because it's too senior.