Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: ASAP to 10/29/2021
Story Behind the Need
-The team is primarily responsible for building the bank’s capabilities of measuring environmental and social risks. Identifies roles and responsibilities and help build a target operating model.
Contributes to the overall success of the team by ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Business Analyst will work closely with the Director on the development of a target operating model for the implementation of the Environmental Risk Management Framework.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• How are banks helping climate change? This role will be involved in measuring climate risk and social risk. The selected candidate will help create a target operating model for the bank. This is an opportunity to build important skills within the banking environment.
Typical Day in Role
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Document and map the current processes in place to identify, assess, measure, monitor and report on environmental risk and work with appropriate stakeholders to identify coverage gaps.
• Identify target state for each of the framework components and align roles and responsibilities on accordance with the three lines of defence.
• Produce a comprehensive RACI (Responsibly, Accountable, Consulted, Informed) matrix describing the roles and responsibilities required to meet the requirements of the framework.
• Create a resource and skills map of the Environmental and Social Risk team.
• Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) At least 5 years of relevant work experience, ideally within large financial or public institutions, consulting or audit firms
2) Subject-matter-expertise related to process design, target operation models, change management
3) Strong communication and relationship skills with a proven track record of engaging and presenting to stakeholders
4) Experience in Risk management; strong understanding of risk management framework
• Knowledge of environment, including climate change, and social risks and their potential impact on financial institutions would be an asset.
• Spanish and/or French language fluency would be an asset.
Degrees or certifications:
-Has an undergraduate and/or graduate degree in business administration, sustainability, environmental management, and economics and finance.