Location Address: Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months
Story Behind the Need
Business group: This Group manages business applications for enterprise capital manage finance team. Cater to Capital Management finance team, manage multiple applications.
Project: Basel III – Regulatory Requirement Project – New Rules have been determined for BCAR reporting, involvement of business team will be to implement additional data points that will be required to the revised Basel III reform requirements and any updates to BCAR report. This team is part of the Basel III reform program for the bank, one of the stakeholders. Team is responsible for the banks BCAR reporting, regulatory capital engine, calculations and reporting. Supports applications that calculate regulatory capital and applications that generates BCAR.
Candidate Value Proposition: Team is diverse and have a global scope, cater to critical Regulatory reporting business teams. Good learning experience, friendly fast paced environment – good opportunity for career growth. Regulatory compliance is currently one of the banks top priorities, skills are very transferrable.
Typical Day in Role:
– Daily scrum meetings – participate in the daily scrum and project team
– Assigned to Capital Management
– Liase with business partners, understand requirements gather requirements, etc
– Build BRD’s and interact with technology teams to build software/application and necessary functionality
– More of a BSA role, elicit and gather requirements from the business
– Assess, do investigation work and document requirements.
– Team falls within the IT&S space, expecting BA to come up with system specification to accompany requirements – map data requirements to which file they are coming from.
– Data analysis
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 7+ Years Business Analyst Experience; eliciting, defining, assessing and document business and system specifications)
2) 3 Years Minimum – Regulatory Reporting Experience (BCAR, NCR, Pillar 3), Regulatory Capital, Credit Risk
3) 7+ Years Strong PL/SQL knowledge, able to run queries, and analyze data.
4) 7+ years Technical Knowledge/Skills – data analysis, mapping, understanding logic, validation checks, UAT
5) Excellent Communication Skills – able to work remotely with the business, recommend solutions.
1) ETL – Translation Language
2) Power BI, Power Cubes (experience with data analysis tools)
3) Experience working in Scrum or Agile environments to manage sprints.
4) JIRA, Confluence experience
Soft Skills Required:
– Self-Starter – able to work with the business on their own
– Analytical Skills
– Candidate should be able to work well independently and hold themselves accountable for daily deliverables
– Candidate must have strong prioritization skills
– Comfortable presenting finds in front of small audiences, meetings, etc
Degrees: Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, finance or a related field.