Location: Toronto (WFH for now)
Duration: 09/19/2021 to 12/18/2021 (3 months with potential for extension)
Business group: Team completes the intake for all projects, acquires necessary resources, tracks project status and is in charge of overall PM work.
Project: Required to assist in planning and coordination of testing workstream, working with teams to design and lead user acceptance testing across multiple post trade functions
Candidate Value Proposition:
– Industry transforming project, of the highest profile.
– Exposure to mid and back office
-Exposure to other organizations in the industry
– Collaborative and strong team environment
– Opportunity to work with senior members of the bank
Typical Day in the role:
– Assist various operations groups with testing workstreams (testing will be in settlements and clearing)
– Coordinate testing workstreams for the testers
– Sit virtually with the testers (5 -6 individuals) during testing to gather information and facilitate overall process
– BA will be in charge of coordinating internally and then communicating results and status back to the business partners
– Provide frequent and professional updates back to the project team and director
– 50% of their time will be working with testers and coordinating the tests, the other 50% will be communicating with the project team and business leads. informed of the progress-
– Partner with the technology teams to provide operational input
Must have hard skills:
1. 5- 7+ years of BA Project experience relating to large scale testing cycles (understanding testing scenarios, how tests are designed, built, cycles etc..)
2. 10 years of FI experience (tech or operations)- no coding or development experience required, supporting operational functions
3. Prior knowledge of Canada’s settlement systems and settlement convention
Nice to have hard skills:
1. Operations experience in the banks (settlements and clearance specifically)
2. Experience working with Broadridge, BPS
– Must have strong and articulate communication skills as they will be providing status reports to senior members of the banks.
– Must have good E.I. (emotional intelligence) skills to determine risk scenarios and when to escalate and when to strategically influence.
Education/ years of overall experience:
– Appropriate post secondary education relevant to the securities industry.
– PMP, BA certification (nice to have)