Location: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 1 year contract, approved for 15 Months
Your Business Line: Responsible for supporting Payroll operations to pay Employees.
Story Behind the Need
• Project Summary : Channel Optimization – trying to put efficiencies in place for payroll department
• Provide highly specialized technical leadership in the analysis, design, development, configuration and support of cost effective, online HR management and decision support systems.
• Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of applicable HR business systems, industry requirements and regulatory requirements (i.e. AML, OSFI, CSOX, PII, etc.).
• The incumbent is responsible for the resolution of complex business problems and must work under tight deadlines, conflicting priorities and changing project requirements. This includes managing multiple small projects, participating in and/or managing specific sections of large projects, and providing ongoing support to all assigned units worldwide (utilising Agile methodologies where applicable).
• Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex business problems. Includes analyzing business and user needs, documenting requirements and translating them into systems requirement specifications.
Some of the key accountabilities include:
1. Independently resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs, by applying their HR and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, participating in the reengineering of the HR business process work flows and liaising with the users.
2. Manage multiple small HR technology projects and/or manage specific sections of large projects to implement technology solutions to HR business problems. This involves planning and scheduling resources, developing detailed project plans, monitoring progress against planned objectives and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management. Ensure each project delivers quality products/functions in a timely manner which meets HR business requirements and provides an enhanced employee experience.
3. Participate in the systems implementation process by interpreting business requirements into technical specifications, systems analysis, documenting detailed reporting requirements, configuration of HR vendor software, ensuring integration with existing related HR systems, developing test strategies and test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
4. Participate in the review of Quality Assurance (QA) test strategies for assigned projects/initiatives to ensure the planned testing is comprehensive and consistent with the business requirements. Support QA testing by analyzing defects to: (i) provide clarification of business requirements; (ii) provide clarification of technical specifications; (iii) define which defects need to be resolved for implementation; and (iv) negotiate the severity classification of defects with the user.
5. Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems including Payroll, Compensation and Time and Attendance business strategies and policies, industry best practices and methodologies, regulatory requirements, internal bank processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
Qualifications of Must Have Skills:
1. At least 10 + years of prior work experience within Payroll using Payroll System (like SAP, ECP, PeopleSoft, etc)
2. Support to production services by providing technical business analysis is required at a Tier 3 level.
3. Ability to identify and escalate issues to senior management or a project steering committee, as appropriate
4. The incumbent will be expected to achieve the following competencies within their first 12 months on the post:
– Thorough project management skills including Waterfall and Agile Methodologies.
– Working knowledge of process methodology / mapping (modelling and charting workflows).
– Working knowledge of bank technology.
5. Prior configuration experience using a Payroll System (preferably SAP)
Soft Skill Must Have:
1.Excellent Verbal and Written Communication skills – fluently in English. Well developed verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate and articulate the underlying message effectively with different audiences, eg. branch staff, senior management in Information Technology Solutions, internal business clients, and external vendors.
2. Detail oriented, methodical and has ability to translate business ideas into automated solutions.
3. The incumbent will be expected to demonstrate effective leadership skills, including the ability to assume end-to-end ownership of a project and responsibility for the related project deliverables.
4. Ability to work effectively as a team member in cross-functional project teams.
5. Ability to work independently under the general guidance of the Senior Manager.
6. Strong business writing skills, including the ability to select the most appropriate method of communication and to clearly and concisely prepare a variety of business communications, eg. Business Requirements Documents, Functional Specifications, and project implementation / strategy documents.
Nice to have:
1. Familiarity and / or Experience with SAP Payroll and/or ECP is also considered an asset.
2. Knowledge of processes and systems used within Human Resources Information Systems including Compensation, and Time & Attendance are considered an asset.
3. Prior FI or Banking experience would be an asset.
4. Working knowledge of project planning and project management, with the expectation of developing a thorough knowledge within the first 12 months on the post.
5. Spanish Speaking would be an asset