Location Address: WFH (Toronto once BCP is lifted)
Contract Duration: 6 months + good chance of extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The group supports trade flow risk management.
• Project: The group is supporting the TFRM project – data standardization. This is to create a reporting layer from existing data sources, ensuring that the business can pull data with minimal transformation needed. The data is being fed from multiple sources, and the data is to be standardized for reporting functions. This is a net new project
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to join an exciting new project that requires not only a strong developer, but a problem solver who will use new technology to leave a lasting impact for Risk Technology groups at the bank.
Typical Day in Role
• Manage, elicit, analyze and document detailed-level business and functional requirements (relating to data, business rules, calculations, report outputs) utilizing relevant requirements artifacts.
• Lead and conduct workshops to facilitate requirements gathering and discovery.
• Construct data flow diagrams, business and system context diagrams.
• Work closely with stakeholders to assess the current and future states and perform detailed gap analyses.
• Identify upstream and downstream dependencies.
• Produce breakdown of effort estimates for analysis and requirements-related activities.
• Manage the project requirements using Waterfall and Scrum methodologies.
• Experience working and managing Agile requirements in JIRA is required.
• Effectively communicate and build rapport with all team members and stakeholders, including various source system teams and vendor teams.
• Provide hands-on support during various cycles of testing including Functional Testing, Quality Assurance, Systems Integration Testing, and User Acceptance Testing.
• Actively contribute to process re-engineering and process improvement.
• Ability to resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs of Global Banking & Markets, by applying their financial and technological knowledge to the design of systems solutions, methodologies, and/or processes. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, and liaising with the users.
• Work on multiple projects and/or lead specific sections of large projects to implement solutions to business problems. This involves planning, soliciting and defining business requirements and processes, developing testing/conversion/implementation strategies, developing detailed project plans, managing vendor relationship and deliverables, monitoring progress against planned objectives, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management.
• Strong knowledge of requirements / design methodology – detail oriented, analytical and capable of investigating complex / technical issues and provide alternative solutions, project methodologies including Scrum, Agile and DevOps.
• Excellent team player by working with cross-departmental business & IT stakeholders, ability to manage conflicts.
• Highly motivated and committed, capable of working in a dynamic environment with aggressive timelines, multiple work streams running in parallel.
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5 + years’ BA experience gathering requirements, designing methodologies, building test cases, executing test and supporting production system. (build test cases)
2) 3 + years’ experience reading, writing, and creating SQL queries
3) 2 + years’ experience creating Tableau reports
1) Excellent communication and presentation skills to manage stakeholder relations, and work with cross-departmental teams
2) Strong Analytical skills – to have the ability to review large data sets and multiple groups to ensure the data set is aligned to multiple user needs
3) Excellent team player by working with cross-departmental business & IT stakeholders, ability to manage conflicts – upstream and downstream users
Nice to have skills:
– Experience with Dremio or Presto is great and is recommended if possible
– Experience working with large amounts of data
– Business Analysts experience within the Capital Markets field
– Recent (within last 3 years’) real time analytical and formal modelling tools and keep current with rapidly changing technology
– Kafka, Elastic Search – data is published to Elastic Search (just to have JSON Structure)
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a business or technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required