Location: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Your Business Line: Regulatory reporting for group treasury. Deal with regulator initiatives regarding liquidity and the general survival of the bank.
Story Behind the Need:
• Projects are mostly regulatory driven.
• Groups operate in Canada, London, Dublin, Singapore and Australia and adhere to each location’s regulatory body requirements.
• Several projects can be live and competing within one regulatory region as well as across regulatory regions at the same time.
• Projects deal with data from multiple Capital Markets and Retail Banking systems.
• The incumbent must be a dedicated self-starter with strong communication skills, can-do attitude.
• Responsible for gathering and officially documenting full requirements on new stress testing or other regulatory projects.
• Fielding investigatory questions from the Business Group(s) on existing processes.
• Manage and maintain production support for existing processes.
• Assisting other Analysts in monthly regression testing.
• Investigating daily Production process issues discovered internally or by the business users.
• Supporting the Operations Group's Business As Usual (BAU) workflow for Production runs of daily and monthly processes is required.
• Data Quality ticket resolution, requiring investigation and documentation of problem as well as implementing the solution or forwarding the solution to the appropriate development team.
• The incumbent will be required to work more than usual hours periodically, usually at month-end, but when system issues arise, or to meet monthly application release ticket deadlines.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with bank’s Values, Code of Conduct and the Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
• Understanding Basic knowledge of programming languages like SQL in order to comprehend reading code and basic functions
• Constant contact with Business Users. You will need to gather requirements, understand the ask and translate into technical requirements
1. At least 5 years of prior work experience with SQL is required
2. At least 5 years of experience with Unix operating system
3. Advanced level skills in Excel and other MS productivity tools
4. Experience using Tableau (both Server and Desktop) and Power BI (Desktop & Power BI service) is desirable
5 Self Starter – the ability to get things done, does not require a lot of hand holding. Shows initiative and has an innate drive towards information seeking
6. Excellent Communication Skills: You will be in constant contact with Business Users. You will need to gather requirements, understand the ask and translate into technical requirements.
Nice to have:
1. Familiarity with Micro Services, Hadoop, Kafka
2. FI or Banking experience
3. Capital Markets products knowledge and experience is an advantage
4. Prior Java experience
5.OSFI banking liquidity regulatory requirements is an advantage
6.Bank Liquidity Risk knowledge and experience is an advantage
Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.