Location: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months
Under direct supervision of the Coordinator, the Business Analyst will assume project support responsibility for all aspects of the Data Protection project over the entire project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, control, close). To effectively support the project, the Business Analyst must be able to understand project scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member and groups part of the project globally.
Project Summary: The main function of a Business Systems Analyst is to perform the analysis, design, implementation, modification, and daily functional support of all applications.
Responsible for supporting the coordinator:
• Maintain the project documents; this pertains to project documentation, approvals, drawdowns, spreadsheets, business requirement documents, meeting minutes, monthly status reports, third party contracts and other correspondence and documentation as appropriate.
• Act as the project scribe; this includes preparing/distributing agendas, attending meetings, preparing/distributing clear and detailed minutes on a timely basis, recording, communicating and following up on action items and maintaining project distribution lists.
• Support the Delivery Manager to ensure all appropriate areas are represented on the project team and to maintain momentum of the project against a background of constantly conflicting priorities. The individual is required to multitask on several projects at one time depending upon complexity and activities in progress.
• Formally document and cost project activities by using the Microsoft Project tool Definition of development activities at sufficient detail levels.
• Ongoing communication of project status, completing the agreed-on project reports and escalating issues to the Delivery Manager, or Senior Delivery Manager as required
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Qualifications of Must Have Skills:
1. At least of 2-3 years of prior work experience as a Business Analysis within the financial industry
2. Ability to handle multiple projects of varying complexity in a team environment, as well as developing a thorough understanding of project management techniques
3. Strong MS Excel skills required to manage, track and report the project budget
4. Ability to develop and maintain an MS Project Schedule, including multiple files consolidation and reporting
5. Familiarity with IT concepts, methodology and vocabulary. Relating to Data Protection as it relates to technologies.
6. Negotiation skills to be effective with team members and management in order to acquire and maintain project support
7. Solid problem solving skills and analytical skills to creatively develop unique solutions/approaches to resolve issues
8.Perseverance, flexibility and efficiency to overcome challenges standing in the way of the successful completion of the project
Must Have Soft Skills:
• Business results orientation.
• Disciplined approach to accountabilities.
• Objective and open minded approach.
• Strong communicator both verbally and through written/pictorial reporting.
Nice to have Skills:
1. Prior experience within Data Protection, Data Loss, Data Security, Data Leaks
Qualifications: Associate's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required