Location Address: Toronto Once Covid Restrictions Lifted
Contract Duration: 4 months (Possibility for extension)
Story Behind the Need:
Project: Seeking a Business Analyst to contribute to the overall success, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank, but also get exposure to proprietary systems internally at the bank as well as commercial systems used across the top global financial institutions. The work that is being done is high visibility and your work will have exposure to VP level individuals while at the bank.
Typical Day in Role
– Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
– Regulatory Reporting: mapping counterparty data across various systems (CCD, TenX, THOR) for a multitude of different regulators (CFTC, SEC, Fed Reserve). This involves liaising with different teams upstream and downstream to ensure the proper regulatory attributes are assigned for trade reporting.
– Audit inquiries: assimilating various forms of data and artifacts for the closure of key audit issues.
– Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
– Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with bank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
– Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
– Wide scale systems upgrades leading to a wide variety of work
– Data review, cleanup, migration, etc and dealing with
– support UAT testing and data remediation around CCD
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 2+ years of Data monitoring and counterparty mapping across various systems
2) 2+ years of experience with counterparty and product knowledge
3) 2+ years of Capital Markets experience
– Understanding of audit inquiries external and internal and regulatory reporting
– Candidate should have a solid understanding and knowledge of Excel
– Self-starter that actively engages issues seeking resolution, ability to meet dynamic changes on prioritization
– Excellent communications skills to coordinate with high ranking individuals internally (Sr Manager and Director level generally)
– Ability to manage assigned tasks and expectations without direct instruction or oversight
– Fast, adaptable learner who can hit the ground running
– Ability to work well under pressure while demonstrating strong professionalism
-Strong investigation, prioritization, and organization skills
– Candidate must have an open mind when it comes to approach, and be able to assess each situation separately
– Must be able to collaborate closely with a team at times, while also being capable of holding themselves accountable to meet individual deadlines without hand holding
Degrees or certifications:
– Degree or Diploma in related field
– Certifications to include the Canadian Securities Course