Location: Toronto (WFH for now)
Duration: ASAP to 10/29/2021 (strong potential for extension)
Story behind the need:
Business group: Procurement of control list provided by vendors for name screening, payment screening, payment transaction monitoring, trade finance, reconciliation, governance and testing lists to ensure accuracy. The client risk side oversees the execution of the road map, introducing new client risk models by jurisdiction and product across the enterprise.
Project: This role will be supporting the List Management deliverables required to replace the source data file from one source to another. The resource will help with the work required to meet the demands arising from Audit and Regulatory examinations and the management action plan that resulted, which has a commitment to deliver a monthly OFAC list reconciliation and a weekly OFAC SDN updates verification by the end of Q4, 2021.
Candidate Value Proposition:
– Exposure to AML space and opportunity to learn more about sanctions related work and third party data providers
Typical Day in the role:
– Lead/support work during the project life cycle, e.g. system documentation, system test results, etc. to provide feedback reflecting business interests/perspective.
– Conduct and participate in team meetings (50% meetings, 50% desk work) with multiple stakeholders (execute agenda, gather information, issuing minutes).
– Providing status updates as it relates to requirements gathering
– Engage with other business areas and senior managers to solicit requirements to build required artifacts
– Liaise with tech partners and QA groups to set up test cases and produce exit reports
– Provide communication surrounding current initiatives
– Work with AML specific applications
– Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization (does not need to know advanced technical terms but need to be able to engage with them)
– Run requirements gathering sessions and documentation for implementing client risk rating model
Must have hard skills:
1. 5+ years of business analyst experience
2. 3+ years of banking experience
3. Understanding of project management concepts
Nice to have hard skills:
1. Exposure to data and data analytics (Excel, Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPS)
2. AML systems experience, understand client risk rating, name scanning
3. Experience working within a sanctions environment
– Ability to manage meetings with multiple stakeholders (execute agenda, gather information, issuing minutes)
– Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
– Team player, ability to bring different groups together
– Strong negotiation skills
– Confident communication style
Education/ years of overall experience:
– Bachelor’s Degree (experience more important than specific degree)
– Nice to have: IIBA, PMP, ACAMS