Location Address: WFH (Toronto)
Contract Duration: 6 months + good chance of extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The group supports trade flow risk management.
• Project: The group monitors and maintains Centralized Risk platform + Risk Warehouse to evaluate the sensitivities for capital markets projects. There is a new ask to support Capital Market Prime Services, with the main function of onboarding Risk products unto a Centralized Risk Platform.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to join an exciting new project that requires not only a strong developer, but a problem solver who will use new technology to leave a lasting impact for Risk Technology groups at the bank.
Typical Day in Role
• Manage, elicit, analyze and document detailed-level business and functional requirements (relating to data, business rules, calculations, report outputs) utilizing relevant requirements artifacts.
• Lead and conduct workshops to facilitate requirements gathering and discovery.
• Construct data flow diagrams, business and system context diagrams.
• Work closely with stakeholders to assess the current and future states and perform detailed gap analyses.
• Identify upstream and downstream dependencies.
• Produce breakdown of effort estimates for analysis and requirements-related activities.
• Manage the project requirements using Waterfall and Scrum methodologies.
• Experience working and managing Agile requirements in JIRA is required.
• Effectively communicate and build rapport with all team members and stakeholders, including various source system teams and vendor teams.
• Provide hands-on support during various cycles of testing including Functional Testing, Quality Assurance, Systems Integration Testing, and User Acceptance Testing.
• Actively contribute to process re-engineering and process improvement.
• Ability to resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs of Banking & Markets, by applying their financial and technological knowledge to the design of systems solutions, methodologies, and/or processes. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, and liaising with the users.
• Work on multiple projects and/or lead specific sections of large projects to implement solutions to business problems. This involves planning, soliciting and defining business requirements and processes, developing testing/conversion/implementation strategies, developing detailed project plans, managing vendor relationship and deliverables, monitoring progress against planned objectives, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management.
• Strong knowledge of requirements / design methodology – detail oriented, analytical and capable of investigating complex / technical issues and provide alternative solutions, project methodologies including Scrum, Agile and DevOps.
• Excellent team player by working with cross-departmental business & IT stakeholders, ability to manage conflicts.
• Highly motivated and committed, capable of working in a dynamic environment with aggressive timelines, multiple work streams running in parallel.
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5 + years’ Business Analysts experience within the Capital Markets field, ideally within Market Risk
2) 5 + years’ BA experience gathering requirements, designing methodologies, building test cases, executing test and supporting production system. (build test cases)
3) Familiar with Linux applications – to be able to run simple demands to pull data for analysis purposes (running SQL queries)
4) Working experience in agile environment (minimum 2 years’).
1) Excellent communication and presentation skills to manage stakeholder relations, and work with cross-departmental teams
2) Excellent team player by working with cross-departmental business & IT stakeholders, ability to manage conflicts – upstream and downstream users
Nice to have skills:
– RiskWatch experience
– Recent (within last 3 years’) real time analytical and formal modelling tools and keep current with rapidly changing technology
– Kafka, Elastic Search – data is published to Elastic Search (just to have JSON Structure) * don’t need expertise in that*
– FRM/CFA designation a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a business or technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required