Location Address: Toronto – WFH for foreseeable future
Contract Duration: March 15 – 8/31/21
Story Behind the Need:
Business group: Data aggregation and processing for Non-Retail Risk Banking.
Project: The Business Banking Service Layer project has multiple, concurrent, workstreams. A Business Analyst role is required to help deliver the PLDC (Problem Loan Data Capture) workstream. The role will help ensure the successful delivery and cover the capacity gap FTEs are unable to cover.
Candidate Value Proposition: Bank is making significant investments, potential to grow and exposure to other opportunities.
Typical Day in Role:
– Capture requires, document require, liaison between business and technology teams
– Ensure documentation is up to date
– When testing stage, involved with testing team and business
– Business systems – a little of technology component- if needed write queries, hands on experience with technology.
– The main function of a Business Systems Analyst is to perform the analysis, design, implementation, modification, and daily functional support of all applications
– Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
– Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
– Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
– Supports one or more highly complex business processes
– Works on multiple projects as a project team member
– Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5-7 Years Business Analyst Experience with a Technology Background – Banking/Corporate experience is preferred. Experience working with end users, how to guide them into providing requirements.
2) 3-5 years – SQL Experience; writing queries.
3) Excellent Communication – verbal and written
1) Credit Risk Experience or Non-Retail
2) Banking experience or experience
Soft Skills Required:
– Self-starter that actively engages issues seeking resolution, ability to meet dynamic changes on prioritization
– Excellent communications skills to coordinate with high ranking individuals internally
– Ability to manage assigned tasks and expectations without direct instruction or oversight
– Fast, adaptable learner who can hit the ground running
– Ability to work well under pressure while demonstrating strong professionalism
-Strong investigation, prioritization, and organization skills
– Candidate must have an open mind when it comes to approach, and be able to assess each situation separately
– Must be able to collaborate closely with a team at times, while also being capable of holding themselves accountable to meet individual deadlines without hand holding
Degrees: Bachelor's degree and or experience – Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required – preferred.