Location: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 7 months
Story Behind the Need:
Project Summary: The main function of a Business Analyst is to perform the analysis, design, implementation, modification, and daily functional support of all applications.
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
• Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation. Comfortable with ROI Reports
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
• Supports one or more highly complex business processes
• Works on multiple projects as a project team member
• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
Qualifications of must have skills:
1. 10+ years experience required as a Business Analyst – translating business needs into Business Requirements. Able to read and comprehend BRD's, and will have to have strong prior work experience creating Business Requirements.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills. This contractor will be interacting with all levels of management, therefore clear excellent speaker is required. Exudes confidence and can communicate extremely well. Experience working with all levels of leadership and management.
3. At least 7 years of prior work experience and/or knowledge of creating complex PowerPoint presentation decks, Visio Workflows and Excel Spreadsheets.
4. Ability to prepare a Cost benefit analysis, ROI Reports
5. Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Someone who is very resourceful and has an analytical mindset.
6. Strong time management skills with a focus on results. You have the skillset of a project manager in order to be able to handle diverse projects, often times simultaneously, and meet aggressive deadlines.
7. Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions.
We are looking for a team player. Someone who can collaborate well with others, has worked well with others in the past, and has a proven record of working within a dynamic environment.
Nice to have skills:
1. Regulatory experience is an asset
2. Strong understanding of the Canadian Banking process – knowing channels, understanding the different types of products
3. CBAP is preferred
Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.