Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: ASAP – Oct 31st/ 2021 + good chance of extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Working in partnership with Analytics, Technology, Infosec, Business, Risk and Compliance, to drive the data vision, strategy and governance across the organization. Ensures availability, quality, consistency and reusability of data across the Bank. In the target state, the group defines the enterprise data strategy and articulates standards for technology to execute towards the business goals.
• Project: The group is working on implementing a new vendor product called Collibra. Collibra is a vendor software that is a data catalogue. The successful user will need to work with multiple business lines for the technical integration.
The Business Analyst will leverage Metadata effectively and support project-based initiatives to implement Metadata standards and Metadata solution adoption. The role requires strong communication skills to articulate standards, work with stakeholders/partners to elicit business-to-technical requirements for solution delivery, perform training, and maintain end-user engagement to drive solution adoption. The role supports product features delivery. Also, the role actively supports product adoption which is a key deliverable to enable a data driven organization.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidates will have the opportunity to be exposed to new technology and multiple business groups throughout the bank.
Typical Day in Role
• Support the implementation and adoption of target state Metadata solution (henceforth mentioned as product) across the enterprise
• Perform requirements gathering from key stakeholders/end users and effectively document the requirements for product feature delivery; conduct and lead requirements gathering workshops
• Perform requirements analysis in addressing process automation objectives outlined by stakeholders, and engage development team for design and solution feedback
• Ensure product features are implemented correctly by working closely with development/testing team
• Work in an Agile mindset to accelerate delivery of Metadata product capabilities
• Represent key stakeholders/end users’ requirements during User Acceptance Testing (UAT) by creating test cases, conducting tests execution, and managing the defects through proper project channel
• Provide demonstration of product features to stakeholder groups in sprint reviews
• Provide support to end user onboarding, and inquiries on product
• Establish and evolve end user documentation; collaborate with fellow Product Specialists to maintain documentation
• Perform product administrative duties, guided by documentation maintained within Product team
• Assesses, researches, analyzes, and documents project needs and outcomes by selecting the appropriate information gathering and/or modelling technique to elicit requirements.?
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Must have Skills:
1. 5 + years’ experience BSA experience, superficially understanding of tools for building information catalog, such as data catalog, data ingestion flows, process flows, consumption searches, etc.
2. 2 + years’ Data Management Tools experience: data catalog software (e.g. Collibra, IBM Information Governance Catalog), data modeling software (e.g. Erwin) –Collibra is preferred
3. 3+ years’ SQL knowledge for querying relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, Sybase)
4. 3+ years’ Productivity/Project collaboration tools experience: Confluence, Jira, Sharepoint
• Strong communication skills (i.e., spoken/written/presentation) to engage wide array of users to elicit requirements and feedback
• Strong experience in gathering business requirements, then translate to user stories and eventual test cases that are well understood amongst product delivery team
• Strong experience in agile project methodology and artifacts, on software/application development lifecycle in an agile fashion
• Strong analytical skills to articulate requirements to product delivery team
• Strong process documentation and optimization skills to articulate workflow requirements to product delivery team
• Self-motivated to solve problems and able to work collaboratively with other team members.
University degree in computer science or a quantitative field.
Nice to have skills:
• Subject area experience with following topics will be an asset:
o Financial Industry products and services: Retail Banking/Lending, Commercial Banking/Lending, Capital Markets, and Wealth Management
o Risk Management, Anti-money laundering compliance, RDARR
• Understanding of data concepts (metadata, data mapping, data quality, data modeling, etc.).
• Some knowledge of enterprise uses of data and general data flows within a large enterprise.
• General understanding of data models, data relationships, mapping lineage and business rules.
• Experience querying databases using SQL, and familiarity with relational database concepts.
• Substantive knowledge of tools and software used to extract and analyze data.
• Good knowledge of Excel for data management, calculations and data cleaning.
• Working experience in data repository/warehouse implementation project lifecycle will
• Knowledge of big data ecosystems such as Hadoop and related data-oriented components; and experience with NoSQL databases
• Cloud platforms and related data services knowledge (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services)
• Business Intelligence visualization tools experience (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)