Location Address: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 months Good chance of Extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: Group supports multiple in house applications, maintaining Post Trade Data across markets globally for Middle and Front Office users.
• Project: The group is focused on a high initiative to modernize their Legacy Post Analytic Trade Data fed from Front and Middle Office Applications.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join a high-performance environment that is leaving a lasting impact on multiple business units and functionalities across the bank.
Client is committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career.
As a member of the department, the Business Systems Analyst (BSA) will add value to the group by actively contributing and participating in various multifaceted initiatives within the team, working closely with business and technology partners to deliver advanced analytic solutions that enable rapid, stable deployment of critical business application while also encouraging department wide reuse.
The BSA will conduct analysis leading to the definition of requirements, design, testing, project coordination and implementation processes, and to assist in the resolution of complex business problems.
Typical Day in the Role:
• Assist in resolving complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the system needs of the Institutional Equity
• Trading Desks and their internal and external customers, by applying your business and technological knowledge to perform analysis, defining user requirements, design and implementation of system enhancements/solutions.
• Research, formulate, and perform data-driven analytics using SQL and/or other tools such as Elastic Search, Postman, and Dremio.
• Analysis of business needs (trading, regulatory, etc.) resulting in the creation of requirement Build relationships and work with key stakeholders to quickly deliver value added solutions.
• Produce conceptual interface designs through iterative wireframes, mock-ups, user flows, conceptual
• diagrams and provide detailed specifications to the development team
• Support, liaison, and gather requirements from senior stakeholders and clearly articulate business requirements to technical teams.
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, perform under pressure, and change priorities as needed.
Must Have Skills:
1. 5+ years of in-depth knowledge of Capital Markets data analysis, data mapping, data publication/consumption, and business requirements relating to Kafka, Elastic Search, and FIX messages.
2. Hadoop/Big Data experience to analyze and help develop solutions using ElasticSearch, Kafka, and Hive
3. Knowledge/experience with reporting tools/platforms such as Tableau, Power BI, Business Objects, Kibana, Excel Macros/Pivots, and other similar tools.
4. Ability to work with third-party APIs, Postman, and other API/data tools.
5. Strong communication skills, SDLC, data/business analysis experience.
Post-secondary degree in a technology field (Computer Science/Engineering) or relevant experience/skills Set
Nice to have
• Experience working with federated trading platforms and vendor systems e.g., Fidessa, Bloomberg, etc.
• Financial education (relevant courses, CSC, CFA) or demonstrated capital markets experience will be
considered as an asset.
• Prior experience with Jira, Confluence, and ServiceNow.
• An understanding of Institutional Equity trading knowledge, understanding of Regulatory Framework