Location Address: WFH (Ontario Work From Home)
Contract Duration: Asap – 3 months
Story Behind the Need
Business group: To support global strategic, financial, controls and performance culture. Central point for Financial governance and performance metrics. Additionally responsible for the global management of external vendors, depositories and custodians; ensuring best practices while adhering to the Bank’s risk management policies.
Team – To manage the global relationships with central depositories and custodians as central point of contact for new account requirements, changes to services and escalations relating to established SLAs. Proactively provide a channel of communication between department, Business Lines and Support Functions stakeholders in matters concerning depositories and custodians, identifying trends, industry initiatives and opportunities for savings and efficiencies.
Project: This role is to support work stream for the Capital Markets Build Out project . Project entails changing workflows from London to Ireland, stablish relationship with regulators. Two-phased, helping establish what the new set up is going to look like and implementing on transferring everything over that needs to be.
Candidate Value Proposition: Opportunity to be engaged in regulatory changes that don't always come around. Participating in industry impacting changes, provides exposure to the wholesale side of bank. Glimpse of the capital markets of the bank – if a right person is found, there may a possibility of extension or even FTE. Further opportunities within the bank.
Typical Day in Role:
– Account opening requirements
– Troubleshoot – activities are all consistent
– During the planning stages, working with various teams to define what the account structure is
– Needed to work with other teams to confirm within that structure what is already in place, what needs to be requested.
– Talking through and understanding the requirements, implementation, meetings with custodians
– Work on account documentation, making sure it is all updated and inputted correctly, approved, then submitted
– Talking on the phone with account providers that it has been received, implemented
– Updating all settlement instructions once accounts are open, once updated making sure distributed communicated
– During Implementation – monitoring process closely with team for when issues arise, help address issues and being that contact to manage an issue log as track what issues are and resolution.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3-5 years Previous experience dealing with Global Custody Models through a FI, or Investment firm.
2) Project Experience in Migrating to a new custodian – understanding concept in managing a work package – project lifecycle
3) 3-5 Years – Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft applications
4) Excellent Communication Skills – both written and verbal
1) Experience with managing databases
Soft Skills Required:
1) Communication Skills
2) Analytical Skills
3) Organizational Skills
4) Problem Solving
5) Attention to detail
Degrees: Bachelor s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field required,