Location Address: Toronto, WFH
Contract Duration: 5/24 – 1/31/22
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Established center of governance, oversight, and executive function.
Project: Exception Management initiative which is part of the Data Protection Program. The Exception Management initiative will standardize the Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Exception lifecycle to reduce the Bank’s exposure to data loss risk while ensuring users have the appropriate levels of access to conduct their roles & responsibilities.
The Business Analyst contributes to the overall success of the Exception Management initiative ensuring all activities are conducted in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. The primary areas of focus are process optimization following the Enterprise Exception Management Framework for exception intake, triage, approval, provisioning, expiry, revocation and escalation as well as streamlining the request intake form including back-end workflows.
The incumbent is a contributing Team member who will collaborate with other team members and partners in the diagnosis, design and implementation across bank’s IT organization and related functions.
Candidate Value Proposition: High profile project with tons of visibility, including group head level.
Typical Day in Role:
• Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
• Partner with CIO areas and business groups across the bank to gather non function and functional requirements
• Conduct analysis, mapping and re-engineering of business processes
• Be able to prioritize requirements
• Assist with all aspects of the diagnostic, design and implementation stages by working within cross functional teams
• Develop hypotheses, synthesize findings, and communicate opportunities for improvement
• Facilitate training/workshops and provide consultation to the target IT and business groups
• Design and prepare deliverables and presentations to communicate findings, solutions and results to senior executives
• Provide subject matter expertise to team members and clients
• Perform quality assurance testing for duration of project
• Create end-user documentation e.g. training guide
• Champion a high-performance environment and fostering an inclusive work environment
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, problem solving and project management skills
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
• Understanding of IT services, operating models, application development lifecycle is an asset
• Knowledge in the following would be an asset: ServiceNow, Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
• Certified in Lean Six Sigma and/or PMP is an asset
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5+ years Relevant BA/BSA Technical Experience – with experience in technology/management consulting, understanding IT services, operating models, application development lifecycle. Also experience with documenting and recommending processes, data modelling, use cases, collecting requirements, liaison between business and IT.
2) Experience with ServiceNow platform – workflows, intake forms, etc.
3) 5+ Years – Microsoft Office Suite Products, Microsoft, Excel, Visio
4) Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication, problem solving and project management skills
1) Fluent in Spanish
2) Knowledge of Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
3) Masters/MBA or graduate/professional designation such as CFA/CA
4) Experience in creating Training Materials, QRG, Job Aids.
Soft Skills Required:
1) Work effectively in a team environment and independently as required
2) Organizational Skills
Degrees: Post-secondary degree in business, information technology or related discipline