Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: Canadian Digital Banking Engineering – Applications – This is the Mobile application team responsible for all Mobile related inquiries/projects/troubleshooting.
Project: AKYCE – Optimization/Tech Debt Removal project – KYC requirements of a retail customer. Project is at the middle phase. The candidate will be working along side another BSA. The successful candidate will be the bridge between multiple parties including: the business, control functions, technology partners and our engineering teams, responsible for delivering exciting products in the Digital Banking Unit.
Typical Day in Role:
• Analyze and develop technical requirements based on solution documentation
• Ensure integrity of business and technical requirements in end-to-end customer journey
• Drive joint application design solutioning sessions with our architecture, development and security architecture teams that inform high-level estimates for large and medium sized incoming initiatives
• Facilitate requirements gathering and design sessions with multiple stakeholders to extract requirements, and turning them into use cases, user stories, sequence diagrams, cheat sheets, etc, whatever is suitable – to meet development and stakeholder needs
• Lead enterprise process engineering development across infrastructure, Security, DevOps and cryptography teams
• Create, refine and maintain product backlog and associated deliverables; release backlog with forecasted delivery timelines
• Bridge the gap between business and IT, ensuring common understanding and IT/Business alignment of both functional (for business needs) and non-functional requirements (such as reporting, performance, interfaces, and constraints.)
• Help improve and drive our engineering practices by providing valuable inputs and suggestions as to what works well and what can be done better
• Contribute to a collaborative team environment by information sharing and team cooperation
• Demonstrate strong personal values and a commitment to our mission and customers
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1.3-5 years of previous experience with online web development/ or mobile web development – preferably within banking
2.3-5 years previous experience creating user stories
3. Previous experience within an Agile environment
4. API Documentation
Soft Skills Required:
• Excellent communication skills- both oral and written
• Detail Oriented. You notice all the little details for every document / requirement / conversation that comes across you, and it drives you crazy that others cannot keep everything consistent.
• Self – Motivated. You do good work, and lots of if; the drive to deliver quality work is just a part of you. You are also able to simplify complex situations and navigate ambiguity.
• Communicator/Negotiator. You are great at making sure everyone's speaking the same language and are on the same page, and sometimes that involves some give and take.
• Multi-tasker. You are able to multi-task and work on multiple initiatives at the same time.
• Learning is breathing. You stay current on the tools and approaches that work best. And you are excited about working on new projects because every project is a new learning opportunity!
• Team Player. You enjoy collaborating with, learning from, and teaching others so we all become better.
Education: Post -secondary education