Location: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 3 months + extension until fiscal year end/conversion to FTE
Your Business Line: The group is within technology services and supports the data office by providing enterprise data warehouse platforms for business users.
Project: The group is supporting the ongoing KS modernization with TSYS. The old credit card system needs to updated to new Data flows and requires a strong BSA to help analyze and solution how to feed this data to the new system.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on multiple initiatives on non-relational databases, gaining exposure to multiple bank streams and utilizing new technology. The individual is comfortable working with business and technical staff ensuring systems are designed and maintained according to enterprise architectural standards. Collaborating with team members, they will utilize agile best practices and metrics to build high quality technology solutions in line with the product's vision.
Typical day in the Role:
– Facilitating requirement sessions with our business partners
– Translating requirements into user stories for our technology teams
– writing operational procedures
– Writing test strategies, authorizing test cases
Qualifications/Must Have Skills:
1. 8+ years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst
2. 1-2 years of experience or 1-2 recent projects as lead BSA for a large project
3. 6-7 years of hands on experience writing user stories, as opposed to BRDs
4. 3- 5 years hands on experience with Informatica, SAS OR Python (specifically to understand how the database fed through)
5. 6+ years with complex enterprise data warehouse applications and exposure to data governance and data controls.
6. 6+ years of experience with writing and designing test strategies
1. Excellent communication skills required, experience creating presentation decks for management and status reporting
2. Strong experience documenting / implementing project guidelines / BRDs required to write operational procedures for people
Nice to Have
– DB2 or SQL – an asset
– Banking or FI experience- TSYS experience is a plus
– Prior bank experience
– Problem Solving and analytical skills
Degrees or certifications:
Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required. MBA or other related advanced degree preferred