Location Address: WFH – Office: Toronto
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Number of Positions: 1
Scheduled Hours: 9am-5pm
Story Behind the Need:
• Business Line: GWWRT – Collateral Mgmt. & Funding
• The team is looking for a Business analyst for the Collateral Management Technology (CMFT) IT group in support of the Collateral Management & Funding businesses.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within one of the Top 5 Banking Institutions in Canada. You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders all over the globe, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world.
Typical Day in Role:
• Implement technology solutions by determining the requirements of a project or program and communicating them clearly to stakeholders and management.
• Independently resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs by applying their financial and technological knowledge to the design of methodologies, models, and/or systems solutions. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, and liaising with the users.
• Participate in the systems implementation process by defining business requirements and processes, developing test strategies and test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
• Provide business support to all units Globally, including new and existing product and deal structuring, ad hoc queries and MIS, user training, and assisting with the design and implementation of systems enhancements.
• Administrate/organize duties for the Collateral Management & Funding Technology (CMFT) team. Coordination of CMFT needs as directed by senior management staff
• Develop templates/ processes to address and standardize gaps when receiving requirement from various Prime Services teams.
• Continually acquire and enhance knowledge of the Division's business strategies and policies, risk management practices and methodologies, product offerings, financial markets, financial instruments, regulatory requirements, Back Office processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able to provide effective business solutions and services to the end user business lines.
• Develop/maintain/grow relationships with various stakeholder teams: operations, finance, project control, contract management, invoice team, account payable, audit internal (GWRT, TPRM), audit external and other key stakeholders.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1) 8+ years of Business Analyst or financial industry work experience
2) Knowledge of financial instruments, including market conventions and valuation methods, risk management methodologies and models including best practices, current and anticipated regulatory requirements, Back Office processes and the end-to-end workflows among the Front, Middle and Back Offices within at least one financial market area.
3) Understanding of current IT practices, systems development techniques, including requirements specification and testing methodologies, real time analytical and formal modelling tools and keep current with rapidly changing technology.
4) Experience with SDLC, SQL/Database query, basic SSH commands, stored procedures, Excel, Word, Visio
5) Must be aware of Market trends related to CORRA and the impact it has on CMB and MBS products
• Mortgage and asset back security experience
• Creative, self starting, results oriented and highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems.
• Proven interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills to build consensus and obtain cooperation from both users and senior management.
• Good time management and organizational skills to effectively manage small projects while planning and scheduling resources within those projects to optimize productivity.
• A recognized under-graduate degree in economics, business, mathematics or a related discipline
Candidate Review & Selection
• 1st round interview – 30 minutes
• 2nd round interview – panel, 30 minutes