Location: Toronto (WFH currently)
Duration: 07/19/2021 to 01/18/2022 (potential for extension for another 6 months)
Project: This position is required to create, implement and re-engineer processes.
Candidate Value Proposition:
– Opportunity to work with onboarding team (learn how they consider onboarding processes (AML) or offboarding) and play with static information/ database
– Develop career in regulatory reporting
Typical Day in the role:
– Work with LIQ project team to validate Data Migration from ACBS to LIQ system.
– Identify gaps within static fields on a large spread sheet, extract provided by LIQ project team.
– Investigate ACBS to understand static info and confirm Data Integrity in order to input in LIQ system.
– Conduct UAT testing as required for the GO LIVE of system migration.
– Involve with project related work as when required by the manager.
– Work with the Manager to resolve highly complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs, with a specific focus on creating measurable/qualitative improvements relating to static data setup for counterparties.
– Delivery client experience and data accuracy for all counterparties across different source systems maintained by Static Data that is continuously growing.
– Assist to stich income amount both from ACBS and LIQ for filing IRS Tax report for the year 2021.
– Liaise with existing counterparty set-up operations groups to clarify data errors / inconsistencies
– Contact with other departments for counterparty related issues and champion continuous improvement initiatives that support the optimal function for the businesses that we support.
– Performing new lender/borrower set up and static data validation and maintenance.
– Perform customer setup maintenances and verify/mapping/capture pertinent information to the related sub-systems.
– Document standard operating procedures (SOPs) to maintain the standard set of rules.
– Contribute/participate in user acceptance testing activities for ongoing system enhancements or implementation of new systems
– Contribute to the protection of the Bank from exposure to loss by ensuring compliance with Bank policies/procedures and regulatory requirement.
– Review daily email request from the business lines and liaise with technology and other departments for improvements in the process
– Perform any other duties as needed to support the desk smoothly as per need of Manager/Higher management.
– Able to perform overtime as needed within short notices or as per need of the desk.
Must have hard skills:
1. 6 months + Loan IQ experience
2. Working knowledge of Wholesale Banking Products
3. Strong computer skills in MS Office and PC use
4. Experience meeting tight deadlines
5. Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to adapt to the growing demands of client onboarding and keeping in line with Compliance and Regulatory requirements
Nice to have hard skills:
1. Knowledge of ACBS system experience
2. Onboarding experience with another bank
3. Data validation experience
4. Banking experience
– Ability to work with urgent and time sensitive request on a timely manner.
– Excellent research and information gathering skills, with the ability to identify, document and recommend solutions to complex business problems with accuracy.
– Prioritization – ability to multi task and support multiple projects simultaneously, with competing priorities under short timelines.
– Strong attention to detail and organization skills. Prior experience in a counterparty set-up / support role would be an asset
– Innovative – seeks out innovative solutions and champions continuous improvement.
– Strong interpersonal skills, including effective communication, persuasion and self-motivation to effectively manage multiple tasks within short deadlines within a changing business environment.
– Goals and results oriented, deadline driven and self-motivated.
– Works well in a team environment
Education/ years of overall experience: Bachelor's of Commerce/ Business