Location Address: WFH (once on site – Toronto)
Contract Duration: 3 months – possibility of extension for a year contract
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: Standard 9-5, Mon-Fri
Reason: Additional Workload
Story Behind the Need
Business group: The Liquidity Regulatory Reporting team is responsible for reporting and managing liquidity and funding risk for the Bank.
Project: The incumbent will work with project manager, developer and IT partners to implement OSFI’s new requirements for NCCF report.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop a thorough knowledge of the bank’s products, procedures, and risk reporting, and will have the opportunity to manage and manipulate large data sets. Opportunity for extension.
Typical Day in Role:
– Create, update, and maintain business requirement document of different products for liquidity risk cashflow engine to generate cashflows used in NCCF reporting
-Update and maintain product mapping table from liquidity risk data feeds to cashflow generation module.
– Create, update, and maintain product mapping logic from source system to liquidity risk data provisioning and enrichment layer
2. Data Analysis and testing
– Review various data mappings along the liquidity risk data flow and understand the data structures along with the mappings.
– Write SQL queries for data mining.
– Write UAT test cases.
– Conduct UAT of data provisioned to support NCCF LAR changes.
– Conduct UAT of NCCF contractual cashflows generated from liquidity risk cashflow engine.
– Conduct UAT of NCCF report generated from reporting layer.
3. Relationship Management
– Collaborate and build rapport with Project Manager, other Business Analysts, reporting analysts and IT partners.
– Work with IT partners to help translate users’ requests into technical specifications, when necessary
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
– 5+ years as a Business Analyst
– Advanced knowledge in VBA, SQL, and Microsoft advanced functions.
– Experience with conducting UAT on data intensive reporting implementations involving technology changes.
– Good knowledge of banking products, as well as liquidity risk reporting preferred.
– Exposure to liquidity cashflow generator would be an asset.
– Advance expertise in MS Office suite of products.
– Experience with large data programming preferred.
Soft Skills Required:
– Creative, results oriented, highly motivated individual with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to apply knowledge to independently and effectively resolve complex business problems.
– Strong communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills to facilitate working with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
– Ability to work in a dynamic environment, manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
– Adaptable working as part of a team or independently with minimum supervision.
– Undergraduate degree in business, finance or computer science is required
– MBA, CFA or accounting designation is an asset.
Candidate Review & Selection
– 1st round with HM & PM – 1 hour video interview
– 2nd round with Director – 30-45 minutes
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP