Location Address: WFH – Toronto
Contract Duration: 1 year
Story Behind the Need:
Business group: Department oversees all technology initiatives related to the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) stream. This includes technologies to better authenticate clients, to catch suspicious activities, to identify risky clients, etc.
Project: The candidate will be working as Business Analyst in a fast-paced environment working on different data and Anti-Money projects.
Candidate Value Proposition: The candidate will be working with different international countries on AML initiatives and data projects. They will also be learning about cutting-edge AML technologies.
Typical Day in Role:
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Ability to resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet business needs, provide recommendation on the design and methodologies, system solutions.
• Manage multiple projects or lead specific areas of large projects. This involves planning, securing, and scheduling resources, soliciting and defining business requirements and processes, preparing proposals, developing testing models.
• Plan/coordinate the development/testing and implementation of requirements (analysis, design, development, testing, roll out ), follow up in the in-country systems implementation process and provide status to the project team, provide guidance for the implementation of requirements as required and lease with project team if needed and serve as a subject matter expert for local IT platforms in the implementation of requirements, and liaise if needed with Local IT to guide stakeholders on the how to implement the expected functionality.
• Generate status reports to the project team/stakeholders, meeting minutes and project plan, confirm requirements / generate Q&A document, keep up the project portal up to date and generate/maintain the action items log and follow up with the stakeholders. Provide guidance to local teams and provide feedback to the countries/system, generate and maintain decision, issues, risk and lesson learned log.
• Planning and preparing estimates with Systems stakeholders.
• Ensure the timely and accurate completion of projects
• Participation in the production of implementation strategies; – Creation of procedural documents to support users (guidelines, job aid etc.);
• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
• Ability to exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Project management skills to handle diverse projects, often simultaneously, and meet aggressive deadlines
• A high level of interpersonal and verbal communication skills necessary to relate to other people at their systems knowledge level. Bilingual (English and Spanish) is required for this role.
• Ability to analyze complex situations and problems and do the necessary research using multiple sources of information to arrive at innovative solutions
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3-5 years experience working with data, creating mapping documentation, and leading data requirements
2) Experience with Agile tools: Jira and Confluence
3) Technical understanding of data flow with strong ability to connect business and technology
4) Fluent Spanish (Written/Verbal)
1) Experience with Agile tools: Jira and Confluence
2) AML Experience or Banking product knowledge
1) Strong leadership skills
2) Good at bringing together various stakeholders
3) Competence explaining technical issues to a non-technical audience
Degrees or certifications:
University Degree – Business/Technology