Location Address: WFH until further notice (will be hybrid work week after lockdowns lifted) – Toronto
Contract Duration: ASAP – 6 months + possible for extension
Story Behind the Need:
• Business group: The team is responsible for defining and implementing plans to identify, maintain and continuously improve HR tools and technology, ensuring its alignment with HR strategy & programs, and enhancing employee digital experiences. This is an ideal career opportunity for a HR Analyst, HRIS, HR Systems, Business Analyst, Product Owner professional with passion HR applications, portals, systems and tools.
• Project: Will look at optimizing HR functions and making it easier for employees to carry out simple HR functions – i.e., employee knowledge management, making everything more user friendly
Candidate Value Proposition:
Great diverse and inclusive team. A very new team and they are very open to making changes and doing things differently – i.e. “shaping” the way things are done
Typical Day in Role:
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Assists with the development of strategies, recommendations, including business benefits and costs, implementation, training and change management strategies.
• Completes business analysis and consults with business sponsors/stakeholders to explore, assess and recommend business solutions.
• Day to Day management of internal applications used by employees with the aim of maximizing a sustained benefit from strategic initiatives. As part of the team you will:
o Create, maintain a detailed prioritized product backlog
o Engage with Agile teams writing and clarifying user stories, participating in delivery planning and review, backlog grooming and prioritization
• Supports the team with:
• Analysis of workflow processes and procedures
• Root cause and gap analysis and the design of future state workflow processes and procedures and analyzes system flows.
• Determining business impact for changes in processes and procedures
• Defining system application requirements for modifications to existing processes, or the creation of new applications and/or processes
• Preparing requirement documents for Development and lead walkthrough discussions
• Executing test cases and documenting any defects
• Documents and coordinates training and communication
• Business stakeholder sessions
• Implementation of operational effectiveness plans and solutions
• Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with bank’s Values, Code of Conduct and the Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 3+ yrs’ practical experience in gathering and developing business requirements, defining support procedures and managing multiple deadlines
2) 3-4 yrs’ experience of HR – should have a good understanding of HR processes
3) Ability to present and effectively selling the solutions to senior stakeholders including VP’s
4) Proven ability to coordinate efforts in line with the bigger picture to maximize overall value
5) Proven experience with Agile methodologies and ability to capture writing user stories
• Fluency in Spanish is an asset – written and speaking
• PMI Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) would be an asset
• Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
• Proven teamwork capabilities; strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to take initiative within a large organization to build strong relationships
Degrees or certifications:
• Post-secondary degree preferred in Human Resource or Business-related field – experience is more important!