Location Address: Currently WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: Start ASAP, currently ending end of May. Extension is almost certain.
Candidate Value Proposition:
– The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a global application with a very large user base (700-1000 users). Working with a business line that is central to the bank, opportunity to work directly with bankers, and gaining experience with multiple products that are transferable to other business lines as well. Great business experience for those who would like to expand their understanding of how the bank operates at a higher level.
Typical Day in Role:
• Works with key stakeholders within all business functions to align technology solutions with business strategies
• Communicating internally with bankers, credit officers, audit, regulatory, compliance, global groups (not just Canada and USA).
• Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers.
• Participate in the systems implementation process by developing test cases, performing testing, defining user procedures and workflows, developing conversion and implementation strategies, verifying conversion, providing user documentation, providing user training, and providing post-implementation support.
• Prepares cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in decisions on system implementation
• Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
• Supports one or more highly complex business processes
• Works on multiple projects as a project team member
• Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years of experience BSA and Data Analysis
• 5+ years of hands on experience with relational databases and SQL queries
• 3+ years of hands on experience with documenting data mappings from source to target
• Advanced Excel skills for data analysis (e.g. V Lookups); VBA would be an asset but not needed
• Experience and knowledge of capital markets is a great asset
• Working with JIRA and/or Confluence is an asset
• Nice to haves: FI/Banking Experience, knowledge of the loan life cycle and Derivative products to foreign exchange, including market conventions and valuation methods, experience with credit adjudication
• Strong communication skills required– written & verbal (will be working closely with Business & Developers)
• Strong leadership and must be organized
• Ability to work within a team
• Learn from experience and apply knowledge with further issues
• Best vs Average: Must be technically inclined, self starter, independent worker, problem solver who learns from experience and applies knowledge with further issues
Degrees or certifications:
• Post graduate degree in related field required
• Certifications such as CFA or CSC are nice to have