Location Address: WFH (Toronto until BCP is lifted)
Contract Duration: 6 months + good chance of extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The group analyzes and ensures regulatory compliance and remediation for the banks’ capital market clients for trade reporting systems.
Purpose: The Group is working on a project. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting Trade Reporting Data issues. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding Regulatory Initiatives and will make the connection between the information that is fed through from multiple sources.
Candidate Value Proposition:
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build long lasting relationships within Canadian and Global Markets. The successful candidate will gain great exposure to multiple banking areas and gain real world experience in a competitive market.
Typical Day in the Role:
– Collaborates with business partners, sometimes including senior management, to define business objectives, process, and requirements
– Gathers requirements from business units and translates those to programmers and developers
– Demonstrates an informed knowledge of business functions to resolve problems and capitalize on improvement opportunities
– Supports one or more highly complex business processes
– Works on multiple projects as a project team member
– Involved with onboarding and engaging in end to end resource planning of current and future needs
1. 0-2 years’ experience as a Business Analyst working with various business users to gather requirements and create documentation
2. Strong experience with Excel (Intermediate – Advanced) has a high ability to use on a regular basis
– Excellent communication and support experience is required
– Excellent communication skills to support the operations team throughout the OTC Space
– Looking for a ‘go getter’ someone who can pick up the pace quickly and ask good questions and not afraid to take on multiple tasks
Nice to have skills:
– Experience with SQL to read, write and query data is a plus
– Experience with building reports (Power BI) is a plus
– Previous bank Experience is a plus