Role: Broker Support Associate
Duration: 6 Months
The Broker Support team is accountable for the day-to-day handling of inquiries from Advisors on a variety of plans and products. (Health & Dental, Travel, CI, Personal Accident, Manulife One) We are responsible for providing Advisors with superior support via calls and email relating to both pre- and post-sale service related inquires.
This position will respond to a high number of inbound calls from Advisors, MGA’s, Wholesalers via an established toll-free number and respond to all in coming email inquiries.
• Log and follow up on all Advisor interactions relating to pre- and post-sale product inquires, new business, policy services, claims, underwriting and compensation.
• Ability to multi task using a multitude of system applications required to service each of the uniquely different Affinity products including Personal Accident, Life Cheque Basis, Health and Dental and Travel.
• Provide exceptional service by acting as the point person for all Advisors service issues and working with the different business units to insure resolution in a timely manner
• Ability to obtain or give information in situations which require tact and diplomacy
• Must be able to respond to escalated issues and diffuse concerns in a professional manner
• Sharing of departmental duties in absence of peers and willingness to assist with additional tasks as required.
• Adherence to daily established service and quality standards
• Flexible to work department shifts 8:00 – 8:00 p.m. to meet department needs
• Good understanding of Affinity administration systems and products.
• Some knowledge of Accreditation and Contracting requirements.
• Understanding of the Advisor & MGA model
• Understanding of the Manulife’s different Advisor Channels
• Understanding of the commissions and compensation process would be preferred.
• Post secondary school graduation or equivalent work experience in the insurance or financial industry.
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• 1-2 years experience in a call centre/customer service environment.
• What will be their day to day responsibilities? Answer incoming calls and emails. Respond to inquiries from start to finish using a number of internal applications. Ability to make decisions, comfort with computers and working with other operational areas for resolution. • Who will they report to (title)? Myself. Manager, Broker Support • What software / hardware / methodologies will they need to have experience with? Word, Excel and general comfort with technology in general. • Any certain education required (i.e. computer science degree, business degree, etc.) Not a must have. Working experience with advisors, insurance, call centre is more important. • How many years of experience are required? Preference would be at least 2 -3 years. • What are your top 3 must-haves? Strong verbal & written skills in both English Computer skills, ability / comfort working with multiple applications Contact Centre skills with strong customer service skills • Is there a possibility of extension or moving to FTE? Yes, depending on performance. • Is working from home permitted? Not right away. Depending on performance and the need for support. • Is OT required? No. • How many hours per week are they required to work? 37.5 hours • Why is this position available? (i.e. mat leave) Individuals have left the company. • When do you expect to conduct interviews? As soon as possible. •