Bilingual Specialist, Systems Administration
• Update and support large Windows / Unix environments:
– Patching, backups and optimization.
• Update and support large of VMWare environments:
– Patching, snapshot and optimization.
• Plan and implement operating systems changes
– Software updates and upgrades,
– Deployed new releases and security patches.
• Critical thinking and streamlining, planning and implement optimization / automation for Windows and Unix environment
– Scripting and coding Knowledge
• Provide assistance during projects involving new deployments using industry standards and best practices.
• Understand system metrics, performance and reporting to maintain system capacity and performance optimal.
• Interpret, acknowledge and respond to incoming alarms / surveillance (accordingly to contractual support requirements to customers)
• Produce, revise and update documentation / knowledgebase for supported systems
• Work in compliance with ITIL standards.
• Night shift.
What are we looking for?
• Minimum of 5 years experience in Windows and/or Linux Systems Administration in a production environment.
• Solid work experience with Windows and Unix server
• Knowledge of Microsoft SQL server and IIS.
• Someone who has knowledge of automation and orchestration tools like DSC, Group Policies, Ansible and Code Management Tools (GIT).
• Scripting experience in PowerShell.
• Good knowledge of VMware technologies.
• Solid experience in backup technologies.
• Knowledge of NetBackup, LEMSS, EPO, SCOM.
• Knowledge of networking and security concepts.
• Knowledge of security principles (hardening).
• Knowledge of HP servers and HP enclosures is an asset.
• Knowledge of SAN environment management is an asset.
• A person with strong autonomous, oral and written communication skills.
• Bilingualism (French and English).