Bilingual Project Control Officer
Location Address: Remote to start – returning to the office in the future
Contract Duration: 6 months
FTE: Potential to be hired on perm
Number of Positions:1
Schedule Hours: Monday – Friday 9am-5pm
Story Behind the Need: This is a new project supporting the IB Collections division in their implementation of new Collections software.
Business group: IB Collections
Project: Implementation of new collections program throughout the banks international locations
Reason for request: New project with additional staffing requirements.
Candidate Value Proposition – The position has high potential for extension and eventual permanent position. As well the successful candidate has the opportunity to work in a great environment with a professional and supportive team.
The Project Control Officer is assigned the work by the Project Manager. Under direct supervision of a Project Manager, the Project Control Officer assumes project support responsibility for all aspects of the project over the entire project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, control, close).
Typical Day in Role
– Act as the project secretariat; this includes preparing/distributing agendas, attending meetings, preparing/distributing clear and detailed minutes on a timely basis, recording, communicating, and following up on action items, and maintaining project distribution lists.
– Support the Delivery Manager to ensure all appropriate areas are represented on the project team and to maintain the momentum of the project against a background of constantly conflicting priorities. The individual is required to multitask on several projects at one time depending upon complexity and activities in progress.
– Formally document and cost project activities by using the Microsoft Project tool Definition of development activities at sufficient detail levels (not to exceed 10 workday increments and not to detail less than 4 hours) Ongoing communication of project status, completing the agreed on project reports, and escalating issues to the Delivery Manager, or Senior Delivery Manager as required
– Responsible for supporting the Delivery Team in the following: Maintain the project files; this pertains to project documentation, approvals, drawdowns, spreadsheets, meeting minutes, monthly status reports, third party contracts, and other correspondence and documentation as appropriate.
– Maintain the budget; this includes auditing items to be delivered under projects, reviewing the weekly and monthly time tracking reports for anomalies, ensuring all invoices have been approved with the proper sign-offs prior to payment ensuring drawdowns are properly recorded, and maintained ongoing costs to complete forecasts. This includes full reconciliation of the project budget and completing investigations for differences as they occur.
– Perform financial management activities such as project budget forecasting and payment processing while following the bank guidelines, for the different components of the budget including international project teams. Create financial Project Change Requests (PCRs) to ensure the costs are allocated to the correct Component/Cost Element. Use Smart Stream to track invoices submitted to accounts payable.
– Update the financial information for the Executive Steering Committee documents. Administrate the SharePoint for the Collection Solutions. Interact and support the countries/regions with the financial management of the budget assigned as per the approved business case, by building and maintaining a strong partnership with them.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
– Bilingual (English/Spanish)
– 3-5 Years Relevant Experience in Project Control position
– Willingness to assist project manager throughout the duration of the project
– Strong familiarity with Excel, Power Point and MS Project Schedule Required
– Previous Financial Management Experience
– PMP designation an asset
– Previous Banking Experience
– Strong Leadership Qualities
– Extroverted and Outgoing
– Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
– Ability to adapt to new software
Best vs Average:
The Best vs Average Candidate would have previous Project Control experience and be able to work alongside a project manager providing support to the project.
Degrees or certifications:
– BA in a related field (Business Admin, Finance, ETC.)
– PMP Designation an asset
Candidate Review & Selection
2 rounds of interviews, both over MS Teams Video Call