Bilingual NOC Technician
One of Nexus Group's clients in the Montreal area is looking for multiple Bilingual (French/English) NOC Technicians to join their growing team. These individuals will be responding to first level inquiries and providing first level Network Technology support for existing B2B customers. Consultants will have the ability to convert to full-time employment with this organization based on successful integration into the team.
What you'll do:
Provide support to colocation and network customers
- Monitor network health and responds to event alarms.
- Analyse network traffic patterns and respond to security issues.
- Work with Cisco, Juniper switches/routers and Juniper firewalls on a daily basis.
- Works closely with the network engineering team to troubleshoot and resolve advanced network issues.
- Co-ordinates maintenance with customers, vendors and remote technicians.
- Detect and Mitigate Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks against our network and clients.
- Monitor and troubleshoot internal and customer servers and applications outages using all monitoring tools provided by Aptum.
- Configure new customer solutions including Routing, VLANs, MPLS, VPNs technologies.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrable hands on network experience is desired.
- Strong grasp of TCP/IP, routing, switching, cabling and internet protocols such as BGP, IS-IS, OSPF, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of either Cisco, Juniper or Brocade hardware and software.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills – you have a knack for figuring things out.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effortlessly, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer service skills that will dazzle our clients.
- The ability to move quickly and pick things up at the speed of light – we're a fast-paced gang.
- We like yoga, but we mean flexible in the sense that you adapt to changes quickly and with ease.
- Drive – you know what you want and aren't afraid of working hard to get it.
- Flexibility to work shifts under a rotation schedule that includes weekends and nights (on call rotation).
- A team player with a great sense of humour.