Bilingual Help Desk Specialist
Location Address: 2 weeks training onsite and then WFH until further notice
Contract Duration: 1 year
Extension: Yes, possibility of extension
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: Monday Friday – 9am-5pm, and one 12pm-8pm shift every 6 weeks
Business group: Technical Support
Project: Small Business Division IT Support
Reason for request: Increase in workload
The main function of a technical help desk specialist is to provide technical assistance to computer system users. A typical technical help desk specialist is responsible for answering questions or resolving computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from a remote location.
Typical Day in Role:
– Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity.
– Troubleshooting customer concerns over inbound phone calls
– Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
– Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
– Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
– Bilingual French/English
– Strong communication skills
– 1 – 2 years Customer Service – (Call Center/It Support)
– Strong Interpersonal
– Quick learner
– Trouble shooting skills
Nice to Have
– Demonstrate empathy
– Problem solving
– Experience trouble shooting browsers
College/University in related field preferred but not required
1 round of interview over video conference