Bilingual First Line Testing Analyst (Spanish)
Story Behind the Need:
• GBM Internal Control team is looking for a First Line Testing Analyst with audit and regulatory testing experience.
• Project: Global testing program – The primary responsibility of this position is to support internal control testing for the company's global operations. The Global Testing Program covers regulations applicable to all of the company's broker-dealer (including internal inspections), banking, investment management activities, corporate functions, cross-border testing engagements and other financial services activities. Members of the testing team will be assigned to conduct testing with respect to these business activities.
Typical Day in Role:
• Support Internal Control’s Testing reviews based upon the regulatory requirements, processes, policies, procedures to assess controls within the first and second lines of defense.
• Understand the applicable regulatory requirements to ensure testing is adequately designed to identify potential control gaps and non-conformance with regulatory requirements, best practices, and internal policies and procedures.
• Assist team in responding to initiatives, audits, quality assurance reviews and regulatory examinations.
• Support Testing reviews through the planning/scoping, fieldwork and reporting phases.
• Escalate potential issues and exception items noted during the review process to senior management.
• Ensure that the stakeholders respond with appropriate action to address all draft deficiencies noted during the fieldwork process.
• Perform required administrative responsibilities in support of testing, including but not limited to:
• Preparing and entering all issues and observations into central repository.
• Prepare and distribute testing reports to senior management detailing review findings and recommendations.
• Prepare Workpapers documenting testing with enough detail that a third party can reasonably understand.
• Track and report the status of remediation and validation of open issues to senior management.
• Provide assistance with the Team’s collective issues management and validation testing efforts.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Building and managing relationships with stakeholders across the business and peers within internal controls.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1) Must be Fluent in English and Spanish
2) A minimum of 5 years of internal controls, audit, or regulatory exam support experience with at least 3 years of which should involve testing or audit.
3) Experience/background in controls applicable to broker-dealer, internal inspections, institutional trading & sales, investment banking, commercial banking, investment management, and corporate functions within investment or commercial bank or institutional broker-dealer is preferred.
4) Familiarity with applicable OSFI, IIROC, OSC, and Montreal Exchange as well extraterritorial broker dealer, swap dealer and banking rules applicable to international banks conducting institutional trading & sales, investment banking, investment management, and global commercial banking.
5) Experience/background in managing a team of internal controls testers with diverse skill sets.
Nice to Have Skills:
• Experience managing remote teams in a virtual environment a plus.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate well across all levels of an organization.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Solid ability to quickly review, assimilate, prioritize, and escalate issues to appropriate stakeholders.
• Strong ability to manage multiple control reviews and projects at the same time and meet timely deadlines.
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
• Highly organized and capable of dealing with complex projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or equivalent work experience.