Job Title: Bilingual (EN/SP) Data Scientist
Location: WFH – Toronto once Covid restrictions lifted
Contract Length: 6 months (chance for extension)
Our large financial client is seeking a Data Scientist to support key projects, in an agile rapid lab environment, aimed at accelerating benefits for customers and the bank, leveraging enterprise-level data management tools and advanced analytics. She/he will work closely with Global teams, business lines, Digital Banking and technology to apply advanced analytics techniques and tools, as well as explore ideas to enhance business opportunities utilizing advanced analytics and artificial intelligence.
The Data Scientist role in the Customer Insights, Data & Analytics team is designed for individuals with a curiosity for deriving insights out of data and applying them to address business opportunities, in partnership with global teams and business lines driving innovation and advanced analytics across the Enterprise.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain global experience and work with multiple teams, while having the opportunity to be extended based on their performance and funding. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with emerging and cutting edge technologies, interacting with key stakeholders daily to gain valuable experience and exposure.
Typical Day in Role:
– Work in an Agile environment to deploy solutions within 90-120 days
– Collaborate with business lines and other stakeholders to identify opportunities to drive business value by leveraging Data Science
– Ingest massive volumes of structure and unstructured format data, model, transform and store it in a variety of data stores
– Leverage distributed computing tools (e.g. Spark, Hadoop) for analysis, data mining and modeling
– Collaborate with Data engineering to deploy models and algorithms in production, across business lines and geographies
– Create and apply model and algorithm testing strategies to measure conduct multi-variate testing and A/B testing to measure effectiveness of models and make ongoing changes
-Prepare detailed documentation to outline data sources, models and algorithms used and developed
– Present results to business line stakeholders and help implement real data-driven changes
– Lead Research & Development work focused on the effective application of design thinking and scalable advanced techniques to drive ideation and innovation
– Collaborate with other Advanced Analytics stakeholders and partners to define data engineering, visualization and machine learning best-practices
– Be an integral part of the Advanced Analytics community for incubating ideas and use case acceleration in rapid labs across key markets through advisory, training and scalable solutions
– Support analytical use-case delivery, as well as customer/financial benefits tracking and communication
– Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
– Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Must Have Skills/Requirements:
– Must be fluently bilingual in Spanish / English
– 3+ years of hands-on experience with Big Data ecosystem tools (e.g. Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Spark, Kafka)
– 3+ years of experience with big data tools and programming languages such as Hive, SQL, R, Python, Spark
– 3+ years of experience cleaning, transforming and visualizing large data sets working with various data formats (e.g. unstructured logs, XML, JSON, flat files, audio, image)
Nice to Have/Highly Preferred Skills:
– Natural Language Processing Experience – preferably demonstrated in recent projects
– Solid SQL skills for querying relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, DB2, MySQL)
– 3+ years of experience with NoSQL databases (e.g., Hbase, Cassandra, Druid)
– Production experience with experimental design, statistical analysis, machine learning and predictive modeling (e.g. cross-sell, upsell, attrition, acquisition and lookalike models)
– Experience using and implementing visualization tools like PowerBI or Tableau
– Working experience with machine learning and other AI techniques for strategy design
Education and Certifications:
– University degree in relevant STEM discipline (Computer Sciences, Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering and Mathematics)