Bilingual Data Engineer/ Business Analyst (SP/ENG)
Typical Day in Role:
• Utilizing their Spanish abilities to execute and supports teams across International banking for development of metadata, data linage, data quality monitoring, data pipelines and cross walk tables for standardizing data, data sharing agreements and service level agreements.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge across International Banking.
• Conduct ETL, SQL and DB integration, connections, support, and capacity estimation to ensure highest data quality standards with the business and technical SME’s.
• Helps with the process of profiling data and ETL logic for documenting end to end data flow and lineage from capture at source, to storage, to delivery and its business intent at each stage (i.e. capture, transformation, fragmentation, editing)
• Profile and analyze source data to determine the best reporting structures to build.
• Design and develop ETL pipelines using multiple sources of data in various formats according to business requirements.
• Conduct dimensional modelling, metadata management, data wrangling, data cleaning and conforming, and warehouse querying.
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills:
1. Bilingual and fluent in both English and Spanish.
2. 5-7+ years of experience working as a Data Engineer or Technical Business Analyst.
o Require BA skills such as communicating with stakeholders and documenting business processes.
3. Strong proficiency and coding experience in SQL, Python and R.
4. Previous experience with Data modelling and warehousing.
5. Proficiency with relational databases (Oracle, DB2, etc.).
• Proficiency with Google Cloud Platform – the team is in the process of migrating over to GCP.
• Experience with Big Data and Cloud Technologies (Hadoop, MinIO, Presto/Trino, Jupyter Hub, AirFlow).
• API development experience.
• Experience working in an Agile team environment.
• Proficiency with JSON, Hadoop and Hive data structures.
• Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills to be able to work well with technical peers and business stakeholders at different levels within the organization.
• Strong decision making, forward thinking and creative problem-solving skills to anticipate and respond quickly to technological/market influences.
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, Business or related work experience.
• GCP is a plus.