Role: Bilingual Customer Service Representative
Duration: 6 Months
Please have them answer the following questions in French and English: 1. Why are you interested in this role? 2. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? 3. Tell me about your last vacation.
The Broker Support team is accountable for the day-to-day handling of inquiries from Advisors on a wide range of products. (Health & Dental, Travel, CI , Personal Accident) This team is also responsible for providing Advisors with assistance on their commission and customer service-related inquiries. The Broker Support, Service Associate is responsible for providing front-line support to Advisors on contracting, compensation-related issues and service inquiries. Bilingual Broker Support Service Associate This position will respond to a high number of inbound calls from Advisors, MGA’s, Wholesalers via an established toll-free number and respond to all in coming email inquiries.
•Gather and record detailed information from Advisors, MGA’s and wholesalers
•Log and follow up on all Advisor interactions relating to pre and post sale product inquires, new business, policy services, claims, underwriting and compensation.
•Ability to multi task using a multitude of system applications required to service each of the uniquely different products such as Disability, Critical Illness, Health and Dental, Travel.
•Provide exceptional service by acting as the point person for all Advisors service issues and working with the different business units to ensure resolution in a timely manner
•Sharing of departmental duties in absence of peers
•Adherence to daily established service and quality standards
• Understanding of the Advisor & MGA model • Post secondary school graduation or equivalent work experience in the insurance or financial industry.
• Excellent written and verbal skills in both English & French
• Ability to exercise good judgment and common sense under pressure.
• French/English speaking and writing is a requirement.
• 1-2 years experience in a call center/customer service environment.
• Must have strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
• Ability to obtain or give information in situations which require tact and diplomacy
• Must be able to respond to escalated issues and diffuse difficult concerns in a professional manner • Flexible to work department shifts 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m For the right person position can become permanent.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FROM THE MANAGER:
– Excellent Customer Service Skills – Strong comprehension skills – Ability to multi task as work with a number of different products and systems (Insurance back group i.e. Travel, H&D an asset) – – Ability to build a rapport and relationships as we deal with Advisors selling our products not the end customer. – Excellent French both verbal and written.
What will be their day to day responsibilities?
Answer incoming calls and emails.
Respond to inquiries from start to finish using a number of internal applications. Ability to make decisions, comfort with computers and working with other operational areas for resolution.
• Who will they report to (title)? Myself. Manager, Broker Support
• What software / hardware / methodologies will they need to have experience with? Word, Excel and general comfort with technology in general.
• Any certain education required (i.e. computer science degree, business degree, etc.) Not a must have. Working experience with advisors, insurance, call centre is more important.
• How many years of experience are required? Preference would be at least 2 -3 years.
• What are your top 3 must-haves? Strong verbal & written skills in both English & French Computer skills, ability / comfort working with multiple applications Strong customer service & Communication skills