Location Address: : WFH until restrictions lift then hybrid model (twice a week in the office) – Toronto
Contract Duration: 1 year
Number of Positions: 2
Schedule Hours: 9-5
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Global Compliance International Banking
Project: Build Corporate Function Libraries- The Manager will collaborate with subject matter experts, stakeholders, and internal teams to build or complete the existing regulatory libraries for Corporate Functions in Canada and globally. This position will focus primarily on initiatives for the creation and maintenance of regulatory libraries and the mapping of controls in multiple jurisdictions. It will involve both advice and counsel during the design and implementation of these initiatives.
Candidate Value Proposition: Candidate will have the opportunity to be a part of the large project, they will be building libraries that are going to be used by all compliance frameworks. They will also be a part of a great collaborative team.
Typical Day in Role:
• Participates in a customer focused culture throughout the team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
• Works closely with counterparts in Global Compliance and Corporate Functions to share best practices, avoid silos, and ensure consistency and alignment to the Global Compliance Framework
• Participates in the execution of the Compliance program in co-ordination with the Corporate Functions & International Banking Compliance teams. This includes building and maintaining new regulatory libraries, conducting training & awareness sessions, reviewing the quality of controls documented in Regulatory Library Management (RLM) system, analysing and updating the mapping of taxonomy, obligations & controls in RLM, interaction with management, conducting independent monitoring based on Compliance standards, identifying and escalating non-compliance and providing ongoing reporting to IB & CF Compliance management.
• Maintains a comprehensive understanding and ongoing monitoring of the regulatory library and control mapping project and other key risk initiatives. This includes participation in working groups and other oversight processes.
• Collaborates with the rest of the IB&CF Compliance and country Compliance teams to ensure Scotiabank Global Compliance has a coordinated, efficient and effective Compliance Program.
• Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Participates in an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, Privacy Risk Framework, and the Code of Conduct.
• Any other duties as assigned.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in a large financial services (FS) institution, management consulting firm, or at a regulator
2. Fluency in Spanish
3. Practical understanding of regulatory and industry trends
4. Solid knowledge of local and international regulatory agencies, and regulatory frameworks in major, international markets
5. Need to understand the project lifecycle
1. Knowledge in Excel
2. Previously worked for a regulator
Soft Skills Required:
• Strategic thinking and ability to conceptualize and operationalize effective and innovative solutions to meet regulatory requirements
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Able to balance multiple projects and competing priorities
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must be an innovative, results-oriented and highly motivated individual
Education: Post- Secondary – Accounting, Business, Law would be an asset
Candidate Review & Selection
1-2 interviews – Video – Potentially face to face if possible -30- 1hr.
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP