Location: WFH, Toronto
Duration: 6 months (with possibility for extension)
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: Seeking a strong back end developer to join the groups ongoing initiative involves replacing existing applications and to reduce manual processes and streamline end to end.
Required for: Project – The group is searching for a BA critical for the CROP Trade Surveillance Monitoring Program. Supporting multiple jurisdictions outside of Canada (Brazil, Chile, Peru, Colombia), the ideal candidate will be a local liaison between LATAM and Canadian Markets. Monitoring tool for trading activities across multiple trading desks in LATAM
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to use the newest Nifi technology to optimize trade platforms on a global scale. The candidates will also have an opportunity to join a flexible team that utilize Agile best practices to ensure projects deliverables continue to be met.
Typical Day in Role
• Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
• Design, implement, automate and maintain large scale enterprise data ETL processes.
• Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models and proof of concepts.
• Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 2 + years’ experience with Python programming language
2) 2 -3 years’ experience with Apache Spark (as long as it is new and hands on)
3) 2 + years’ experience updating data lakes with S3/Hadoop
4) 2 + years’ using Agile Methodology throughout the SDLC Cycle
5) Strong communication skills required to clearly articulate technical requirements with sprint teams in virtual settings
– Apache Nifi
– Elastic Search
– Capital Markets experience in Regulatory or Derivative technology is a plus
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required