Location Address:44 King Street W
Contract Duration: 6 months
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: GWRT – Regulatory & Compliance Technology
• Project: Upgrading vendor application – In final phase of project, need resources to ensure the go-live goes to plan.
• Reason for request: backfill
Candidate Value Proposition
– The successful candidate will have the opportunity to leverage technical skills to work with various technology teams (developers, cloud team, server team, etc) and have influence on multiple levels, as well as the opportunity to work on scripting projects
Typical Day in Role
• Opportunity to work with existing resources to assist on running tasks (BA/ scripting tasks).
• A more senior candidate would be able to lead certain aspects of projects (contingent on level of experience)
• Flexible to work on multiple projects and/or tasks to support team success, based on urgency of deliverables
• Use SQL to test data, create Python scripts to test data quickly and support automated testing, etc.
• Scripting responsibilities are primarily assisting in BA tasks and enhance the BA’s day-to-day job
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years relevant experience in the capacity of a BA/BSA
• Strong knowledge of SQL and experience writing queries
• Proficient in scripting: VBA/ VB Script and Python
• Previous exposure to automation suites such as HP UFT or HP ALM is an asset
• Previous experience in the financial industry within IT is an asset
• Unix knowledge is an asset
Best vs Average:
• Great communication is central to the role and is REQUIRED
• Self-starter and able to complete tasks with minimal oversight
• BA/BSA role with scripting knowledge. No set number of years required in SQL, VBA, or Python, as long as they are comfortable using the technologies.
• Open to strong BAs who are interested in developing their experience in scripting and have not had too much experience in the area
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field is an asset
Candidate Review & Selection
• Structure and Format: One round with hiring team (will include behavioral and scripting questions)