Hiring Manager: Senior QA Manager, Global Marketing Technology & eCommerce
Location Address: Hybrid – 333 King Street E – mostly WFH, coming into office based on meetings 2/3 per month – preference for candidates in the GTA
Contract Duration: 6 months
Possibility of extension & conversion to FTE
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm Monday-Friday; standard 37.5 hrs/week
Reason: Backfill for contractor reaching tenure
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Digital Technology: supports content delivery platforms and services; works on public site, product onboarding
Project: GBM Structured Notes – investor solutions website, launched MVP late last year and now adding enhancements and features to it.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will not only have the opportunity to gain valuable experience at a top 5 Canadian bank, but also the opportunity to work with cross functional teams. The candidate will be working hands on with some of the latest banking technologies and forward thinking in fast paced environment.
Typical Day in Role:
• Plan testing for assigned projects by reviewing project documentation, developing test strategies and executing test activities for Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) components.
• Build out repositories focusing on the components for the project.
• Coordinate the completion of Quality Assurance deliverables on time, as per the schedule, by working in collaboration with cross-functional teams including product and development teams.
• Report defects in defect tracking tool and work closely with the team so that solutions can be determined, prioritized and scheduled.
• Provide regular status updates and call out risks and issues to release and project timelines.
• Contribute to best practices for team to build consistent and maintainable test automation scripts.
• Have in-depth and up-to-date understanding of the organization’s products, applications, systems, environments, processes and tools.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with the company's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 5+ years of hands-on experience and proficiency in UI Web Test Automation
3. 5+ years of experience with Page object model
4. 5+ years of experience with planning, creating, and executing test automation strategies and test plans
5. 5+ years’ demonstrated experience debugging to troubleshoot and fix failed test automation scripts
1) Preference will be given to candidates who have 3+ years of experience testing websites with AEM (Adobe Experience Manager)
2) Experience with JIRA
3) Experience with working in Agile environment
4) Experience with Source control systems e.g., Git and Bitbucket
Soft Skills Required:
• Have detail-oriented approach to testing
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Good strategic thinking skills
• Good presentation skills
• Experience with working on multiple, parallel projects in a fast-paced environment
• Fast learner with an appetite to learn what’s behind simple and complex financial solutions
• Able to work as part of a team and encourage both individual and collaborative innovation
• Able to work in a self-guided manner with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
• Positive and resilient personality – Able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
• Any certifications related to Test automation are preferred (e.g. ISTQB)
Candidate Review & Selection
2 rounds – MS Teams Video Interview – 1 hour
1st technical with 2 team members – will involve a live coding assessment (should have IDE installed)
2nd with HM
Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP