Job Title: Automation Tester – Selenium, Jira
Location Address: WFH (Toronto, ON)
Contract Duration: 6 months + 6 months extension
Story Behind the Need
• Business group: The Global Risk Technology group is responsible for managing cash management reports for the group treasury department along with regulatory reporting globally.
• Project: The group is now in Phase 2 of the C360 project which focuses on building an e2e adjudication for a non-retail client. The current focus is on migrating client data and decommissioning it through the lending cycle.
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work closely with senior developers to understand multiple languages in various departments.
Typical Day in Role
• You have an experience developing test automation tools written in Java, python or React JS
• You have written moderate to complex code/scripts to test systems.
• Responsible for designing, developing and maintaining a modular, extensible and reusable test automation framework to enable the continuous testing in a DevOps environment
• Developing code to automate the testing (Unit/ Integration) of micro services (Rest APIs) and ensuring the adequate test coverage of the application code
• Partner with development engineers during story and task breakdown to develop test approach that effectively cover the functional and performance characteristics of a feature
• Building, maintaining, and improving the existing automation framework, test harness, and processes
• Be/become a SME on usage of entire application suite, processes, workflows, etc
• Working with Engineering team Management to improve the testing process
• Understanding of enterprise software design principles – architecture, design patterns, OOP
• Comfortable working in a self-guided manner with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage your own time efficiently, without direct input or oversight
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5 + years’ experience Automation testing with Selenium, Jira
2) Minimum 3 years’ testing with Cucumber
3) SQL Experience / Knowledge is preferred (minimum 2 years')
4) Strong Leadership to take initiative and lead the testing initiatives in the group
5) Excellent communication skills required
– Java Development is preferred
– Experience with back end database testing (e2e) is highly preferred
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required