Location Address: Toronto
Contract Duration: 9 months (Possibility for extension or Convert to FTE)
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9am – 5pm
Story Behind the Need:
Business Group: Digital Technology is seeking a Lead Automation Tester who has extensive hands on experience and is able to work independently. The Automation Tester is responsible for the ongoing set up, development and support of the technical testing software/hardware framework to enable testing and automation across current and future technical testing areas; functional UI, services (Setup automation test suite and keep it live (advancing it as we go through the different projects and their different needs)).
We are looking for a talented QA engineer who is not afraid to take advantage of new challenges and opportunities offered by a growing company. As a startup we constantly deliver at a high volume and we are looking for someone who is excited about the opportunity to be able to contribute to our highly agile environment.
Candidate Value Proposition
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to get exposure to various projects while having the opportunity to be extended. The Automation Tester will be the first on the team (they will have support from other team members) and will be working with a mix of Developers and Manual QA Testers.
Typical Day in Role
– Planning, creating, and executing on end to end test plans
– Driving our automated testing process
– Consistently work with our product, services, and engineering team to collaborate on quality testing
– Building out net new repository focusing on the components for the project
– Candidate will be using Selenium – extending the selenium framework
1) Automation Testing – 5+ years of hands on experience
3) 3+ years of Selenium Web driver experience
4) Planning, creating, and executing on end to end test plans – 5+ years of hands on experience
5) Driving automated testing process (using selenium, WebdriverIO, node.js, or Java) – 4+ years of hands on experience
6) Mobile automation testing experience (Android & iOS) – 3+ years of experience – candidate should have
Nice to Have Skills:
2) Leading Automation Testing – 2+ years of hands on experience
– Agile experience
– Candidate should have content management experience, preferably AEM
– AEM (Adobe Experience Manager) – 1+ years of hands on experience
– Entrepreneurial mindset
– Work independently
– Your strength is your ability to recognize what's wrong, troubleshoot and provide solutions that would enforce bug-free implementation.
– You're a self-starter and an analytical thinker with a strong desire to work on a small collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
– You have experience building a QA process from scratch, and being the owner of the end to end testing process
– You are detail oriented and contribute to comprehensive, well-structured test plans and test cases.
– You’re a natural team player and default to collaboration by working with your cross functional and engineering teams.
Degrees or certifications:
– Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
– QA related certifications are nice to have
– Any certifications related to Selenium are preferred
Candidate Review & Selection
– 2 Step Process: 1 interview with Hiring Manager, 1 interview with the Technical Team (45 min each)