Location: WFH, Toronto
Contract Duration: 5 Months
-Execute test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures
Test system modifications to prepare for implementation
-Develop testing programs that addresses areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability
-Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers
-Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content
-Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
-Create or maintain databases of known test defects
-Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
-Experience testing software
-Experience writing test documentation such as Test Plans, scripts and test results reports
-Ability to analyze/interpret test results and provide recommendations to improve testing
-Go above and beyond the traditional approaches to automate, and build custom automation scripts to test repetitive tasks, create test data or regression test high value test cases.
-Design test approach, Develop Test Strategies and Plans. Align test cases to requirements and user stories.
-Willing to help manual testing team and work with them to identify automatable test cases and reduce regression test workload.
-In conjunction with the development team, decide where to build automated and manual tests, develop/create test data, construct and execute exploratory, system, regression, migration, back-end, and user acceptance tests and determine whether to create automation frameworks.
Qualifications/Must Have skills for a Automation QA Lead:
1. Minimum 3+ years of experience in architecting and building automated testing frameworks, make decisions on using data driven, keyword driven, hybrid or Behavior Driven Development (BDD) frameworks.
2. Experience in automation testing of RESTful APIs with Rest Assured and Java. Experience in Postman
3. Good experience in tools like Selenium, Selenium Grid, TestNG, Cucumber, Maven, Eclipse/IntelliJ Idea and Java language. Experience in reporting frameworks like Allure, Extent reports or similar TestNG based reports.
4. Familiarity with the concept of in-sprint automation and integrating test scripts with DevOps tools like Jenkins, Artifactory
5. Experienced in JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket/Git suite and managing test cases, test plans using Jira plugins like X-ray or Zephyr.
6. Experience in Cross browser testing with Selenium Grid, BrowserStack, SouceLabs etc.
Nice to have:
1. Worked with database, wrote SQL queries for test data preparation and test validation
2. Experiences with SaaS and cloud-based operating model.
Qualifications: Associate's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required