Automation Test Lead
Typical Day in Role
1. Plan & develop Test Strategies and execute testing of medium to large agile labs:
– Design test approach, Develop Test Strategies and Plans. Align test cases to requirements and user stories.
– In conjunction with the development team, decide where to build automated and manual tests, develop/create test data, construct and execute exploratory, system, regression, migration, back-end, and user acceptance tests and determine whether to create automation frameworks.
– Write clear and concise defect reports and work as an empathetic advocate for the customer’s quality experience. Triage and prioritize defects for remediation, with the Product Owner and development team.
– Conduct exploratory testing to find bugs that other testing means would not find during every sprint and drive testing workshops.
– Conduct functional test and ensure their readability (clear, succinct, and using common business jargon) as well as tests must be maintainable (built with reusable domain specific testing language components)
– Working knowledge in Automation frameworks, automating test scenarios. (Selenium, testNG, any one of behavior driven development (BDD) or Test driven development (TDD frameworks like Cucumber), Maven)
– Experience with data extraction, transformations and conversion testing
– Support Scrum Master/Test Lead in producing dashboards and reports for sprints or code releases. Experience in Reporting frameworks like Allure, Extent reports
– Continually evaluate priorities for various projects in response to frequent directional changes and take decisive action as required
2. Transfer application and process expertise to other analysts; provide hands on training on systems, hardware, environment, product, standards, and methodology to test team members; coach, motivate and provide feedback on department and project objectives, conflict resolution, and team building.
3. Work with project teams, during the software development life cycle, to ensure business and technical requirements have been fulfilled; contribute recommendations and assessments to ongoing project reviews
4. Maintain a thorough and current understanding of a broad range of assigned banking applications, UAT code configuration, system integration, environment resources and code delivery process; provide technical advice to development teams and external suppliers on integration of specific applications within the UAT environment
5. Forecast workday estimates based upon project documentation; monitor resource demands and escalate resource shortfalls or conflicts as required
6. Identify and pursue opportunities to enhance personal breadth and depth of expertise and proactively apply knowledge on the job; identify and recommend enhancements or modifications to UAT processes in an effort to continually improve overall department efficiency and effectiveness
7. Other duties as assigned.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 3+ years of experience in architecting and building automated testing frameworks, make decisions on using data driven, keyword driven, hybrid or Behavior Driven Development (BDD) frameworks.
• Good experience in Selenium and Java. Tools like Cucumber, Maven, Eclipse/IntelliJ Idea, etc. are an added bonus.
• Experience in TestNG based reporting frameworks such as Allure, Extent, etc.
• Experienced in AGILE lab environment is mandatory
• Experienced in JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket/Git suite and managing test cases, test plans using Jira plugins like X-ray or Zephyr.
• SQL Query for data base testing
• API testing and API Automation using Postman tools
• Familiarity with the concept of in-sprint automation and integrating test scripts with DevOps tools like Jenkins, Artifactory.
• Previous Pega tool experience is a plus
• Previous experience with Access Management Systems or User profiles and entitlements testing is a nice to have
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (for explaining defects, etc.)
• Strong organizational skills to efficiently meet project deadlines
Degrees or certifications:
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required