Job Title: Automation QA Digital Analytics
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 6 Months
LOB: Digital Analytics
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Possibility of Extension: Yes
Possibility of FTE: Unsure
Possibility of OT: Unlikely
Working Hours: standard business hours, 37.5hrs/week, Monday-Friday
Working Location: 55 Bloor Street
Dress Code: DFYD
This position sits within and reports to the digital analytics team. Primarily, this person’s job will be to make sure that BMO's analytics code is safe, reliable and accurate. This analytics code is implemented bank-wide and on a variety of platforms: mobile, desktop, in secure and public areas of the site. They will be responsible for monitoring the performance of prospects and customers across all of these.
The main goal of this group is to measure how customers interact with the BMO website and their products (Investorline, BMO Harris, etc.), track the behaviors exhibited using these products, and analyze how to better improve the overall customer experience.
In addition to interactions with the team (around 20 people) they will be interacting regularly with business auditors, as well as the business clients, acting as a sort of intermediary.
Candidate Value Proposition (CVP):
This role is a seamless fit for a QA professional with an interest in digital analytics, a combination that is rarely found on the market today. Even if a candidate has not worked a ton with analytics themselves, this role will give them that exposure and opportunity to learn more. In addition, the group they will be working with is one of the most collaborative and passionate you will find!
Role Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
– Ensure that digital analytics scripts meet and fulfil business requirements
– Ensure the capture of data meets BMO’s stringent privacy and security requirements
– Monitor digital analytics tagging using tools such Observe point
– Manage the Adobe database for accessibility and ease of use
– Manage user access to the database.
– Develop and design test scenarios
– Execute test cases and report defects, define severity and priority for each defect
– Participate in the continuous integration, agile development delivery
– Report results and provide recommendations to the Manager
– Maintain and improve product quality by investigating escalations
– Participate in product release steps, including planning and arranging releases
– Work closely with both the Quality Assurance team to and the Digital Analytics teams to ensure smooth code delivery
– 4-7 years of QA experience – Invested in automated QA experience
– Experience creating and executing software / hardware tests, particularly automated tests
– Experience working in an Agile environment
Nice to Have Skills:
-Experience with digital analytics (Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics would work well) **
-Experience with tag management
-Experience with A/B Testing tools (Adobe Target or Optimizely)
– Great communication skills, both oral and written
-Good problem solving skills, with an analytical mindset
-Fast learner, willing to explore and learn new technologies
– High attention to detail
-Easy-going, fun personality- note that this group is a relatively relaxed and personable team who like to have fun!
-Works well in a team setting, collaborating with various members
-Bachelor's Degree preferred
Round One: In person, with Hiring Manager
Round Two: In person, with other members of the team fielding a variety of technical and behavioral questions