Location Address: HYBRID (2 per week) – 44 King Street W 19th Floor
Hiring manager: Engineering Manager, Lab Lead
Contract Duration: 6 months depending on the start date
Extension: Possible (Project is 2 years)
FTE: Possible (Project is 2 years)
Number of Positions: 1
Story Behind the Need
• Business Group: Commercial Global Engineering
• Project: Replacement for existing project
Candidate Value Proposition
• The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join one of the top banks in Canada!
Typical Day in Role
• Support and execute on the enterprise and program level test automation strategy.
• Design, Develop and Operationalize the Test Automation framework for Mobile, Web and SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) Testing.
• Setup Devops Process and tasks for QA, Operationalize the same as well as guide the QA Team in Dev Ops Adoption.
• Responsible for ensuring test automation coding standards are in place.
• Perform code reviews, static analysis to ensure highest quality of test automation code.
• Maintain and automate test data management strategy for test automation.
• Setup, Maintain and Administer the Testing Tools (Like HP UFT, HP ALM, SOAP UI, Atlassian Suite).
• Design and setup the Performance Engineering framework.
• Design, build and develop custom in house tools to support the testing team. Use coding skills to implement test automation, utilities and accelerators.
• Drive delivery excellence by providing governance and continuous improvement, thereby generating high quality outcomes.
• Develop, maintain and communicate (stakeholder presentation) delivery status, KPI and metric scorecards, quality checks and knowledge management solutions.
• Perform automation and tool assessment and present roadmap as needed.
• Guide testing teams with technical challenges with respect to coding or scripting.
• Participate in weekly test team meetings to provide status updates.
• Develop and maintain good professional working relationships, both internal and external to the QA team (i.e. Development, Infrastructure, Data Warehouse, Architecture etc.)
Candidate Requirements/Must-Have skills (5 must-haves)
• 5+ years' experience in a test automation required with proven experience with manual testing experience and knowledge o Prior working experience in a Dev-Ops environment (1+ years)
• Experience with Core Java & Selenium.
• Strong Working experience with Services, APIs and tools like SOAP UI, Parasoft etc.
•Experience with JIRA & Confluence
Nice to Have Skills
• Experience Payment GATEWAY systems
• Maven, Jenkins & Cucumber
• Experience with SDLC and TDLC
• Experience working in Agile environment
• University degree in computer science or a quantitative field
• Technical QA Certifications around HP UFT, IBM Rational, HP ALM, Selenium, Appium etc. is a plus
• Industry recognized Java Certification is a plus