Job Title: Associate, Capital Markets
Location Address: Toronto, ON – WFH
Contract Duration: 1 year
Project: Supporting several Key Initiatives. The position is responsible for supporting several key initiatives aimed at improving our overall trade reporting infrastructure. The position is responsible for providing the Operation Teams with support in the closure of Compliance, Audit and Regulatory open issues. The person in the role actively plans and helps various teams to ensure deliverables are successfully executed in support of regulatory commitments. The position requires understanding of the OTC derivatives regulatory reporting requirements for Canada Securities Act (CSA), and Dodd Frank Act (DFA).
Candidate Value Proposition: Cross functional element – interact with stakeholders across the bank, not just operations. Nature of the work is a deep dive into specific elements of the regulations when it comes to the operations, will gain strong functional knowledge of how trade reporting works and how the bank satisfies regulatory regulation.
Typical Day in Role:
– Provide the GWO Operation Teams with support for closure of Compliance, Audit and Regulatory open issues.
– Coordinate and assist in the preparation of information requests that come to the GWO team from Audit, Compliance, and others.
– Support the GWO team to understand, analyze and resolve Compliance and Audit finding and inquiries. This includes responding to audit/testing observations and findings and driving strategy to successfully close open issues.
– Document issue closure. Ensure design effectiveness and operational effectiveness are anchored within the business and recordkeeping is in place to evidence closure.
– Ensure that timelines are met and where timelines are at risk, ensure that appropriate escalations occur.
– Coordinating with key stakeholders to ensure teams leverage best practices and develop processes to ensure that GWO is in alignment with key stakeholders
– Understand regulatory reporting requirements and ensure that the key business processes are built to ensure compliance with the reporting obligations in all regions the bank operates
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 5 + years of experience working in the OTC derivatives regulatory environment – with strong derivative product knowledge and regulatory within a Financial Services Industry.
2) 5+ years of Previous experience in business, operational risk, compliance, audit, testing or front office function
3) 5 + years In-Depth knowledge of the following Regulations: Canada Securities Act (CSA) and Dodd Frank Act (DFA)
4) Excellent Communication – verbal, and written
1) The European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR)
2) Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) OTC Derivatives Requirement, Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) OTC Derivatives Requirements, and the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA) OTC Derivatives Requirement
Soft Skills Required:
1) Organizational Skills
2) Demonstrated ability to successfully manage, improve and ensure constant effective working relationships with internal stakeholders to support their initiatives and mitigate regulatory and operational risk
3) Superior problem-solving, strategic thinking and analytical thinking skills
Degrees: Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field
Candidate Review & Selection:
• 1-2 Step Process: Microsoft Teams Interview
• Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP