Requisition Title: ASP.Net Front end Developer – Level 3
Location: Toronto, ON
Duration: 6 months
Our public sector client is seeking a Front end developer – Level 3 for ONTrack project which was initiated by EAB to modernize the end-to-end decision-making processes within Cabinet Office, and make strong linkages to fiscal and communications decision-making.
The business of supporting government strategic planning, decision-making, and implementation tracking has unique needs and challenges that were previously met with several disconnected systems and manual processes that have been implemented over time in silos or with minimal regard to information sharing or evolving user needs. Many of these existing systems and processes duplicate effort and/or data which creates confusion for users, results in data quality issues, increases costs to operate and generally slows down the business of government.
Also, the information managed by the Cabinet Office Policy and Delivery Division currently only partially connected to information managed by other central agency partners, such as Cabinet Office Communications and Treasury Board Secretariat (TBS).
Required to translate technical systems specifications into working, tested applications. This includes developing detailed programming specifications, writing and/or generating code, compiling data-driven programs, maintaining, and conducting unit tests.
• Experience in programming and analysis at the specified experience level
• Ability to collaborate with IT Professionals throughout the Software Development Life Cycle
• Experience in structured methodologies for the development, design, implementation and maintenance of applications
• Experience in design, code, test, debug and document applications
• Experience in the use of object and/or third generation language development tools
• Experience in one or more programming languages
• Experience in application design, latest design patters, deployment and troubleshooting
• Experience with relational and hierarchical database technologies
• Experience in the use of information retrieval packages using query languages
• Experience with one or more communications protocols
• Experience in structured methodologies for the design, development, implementation and maintenance of applications
• Experience eliciting and documenting information from diverse business area stakeholders and subject matter experts
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and negotiation skills
• A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
• Knowledge and experience with programming Internet-ready applications
• Knowledge and experience in rapid application development (RAD) methodologies
• Experience with middleware and gateways
• Knowledge and understanding of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) and related regulations and standards
• Ability to provide user and system documentation as required