Architecture Consultant – Expert
Summary: Ensure that the data assets of an organization are supported by an architecture that supports the organization in achieving its strategic goal.
- Technical degree in computer programming or equivalent education/experience required.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- 10+ years experience required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Expert ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
- Expert knowledge of logical data modeling and physical data modeling.
- Expert knowledge of computer software, such as SQL, Visual Basic, Oracle, etc. Major
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct programmers and analysts to make changes to existing databases and database management systems.
- Direct others in coding logical and physical database descriptions.
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Review and approve database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Approve, schedule, plan and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems.
- Implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.