Position Title: Applications Programmer (Wealth/Capital Markets)
Duration: 3 months
Work Location: Toronto
- Transform business requirements and research into winning delivery solutions that meet performance goals.
- Rigorously design and build Web Smart Forms along with End User Computing Tools.
- Aim for defect-free programming, create and maintain quality code, provide support during testing cycles and post-production deployment, engage in peer code reviews.
- Identify issues, develop and maintain processes that address and resolve them, (and be sure to communicate/alert stakeholders as needed).
- Comply with all compliance/audit requirements with respect to process documentation and best practices.
- Make enhancements and troubleshoot.
- Configure and develop custom components with technology partners (analysts, developers, designers etc.) to meet requirements and goals.
- Ensure applications are free of common coding vulnerabilities (and follow standard security practices).
- Contribute to project plans, estimations and status updates.
- Proactively put forward ideas that speak to project objectives (e.g. development, testing solutions, and tools).
- Complete unit and integration testing per standards and design specs.
- Take part in scope assessment, risk and cost analysis.
- Respect company’s technology delivery practices and standards, project management disciplines.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Access, SQL, Excel and macros is a must.
- Undergraduate Degree with Technical expertise.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.
- Good Analytical skill to debug technology related end user issues.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to partner with various teams across the business.
- Advanced and extensive knowledge of the business (or organization), technical environment, standards, processes, procedures, programming languages.
- Familiarity and comfort following the project lifecycle processes such as intake, business requirements, process maps, change request, RAID log, user acceptance
- Strong analytically-anchored problem solving skills with ability to critically evaluate issues and find optimal solutions.
- Able to effectively interact and influence individuals at different levels of the organization with a strong focus on business partnership.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and efficiently.
- Flexible and adaptable with a positive “can-do” attitude who gets excited about taking on new challenges.
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player, capable of working both independently and as part of a close team environment with high attention to details for accuracy and initiative to follow up on items and get things done.
- Experience with wealth management businesses and various Wealth systems, processes and applications are an asset.
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside
- Microsoft Access
NICE TO HAVE:
- Wealth/Capital Markets