Job Title – Applications Programmer
Duration – 12 month to start
Location – Mississauga and Downtown Toronto
This position is part of the Enterprise Tools department, with responsibilities for developing Automation Solutions.
Reporting to the IT Manager, this position is primarily responsible for the coding of Automation Solutions. The position will require working with advanced technologies. The position will require advanced knowledge of programming, working on writing code to build Automation Solutions. The selected individual will ensure that Automation requirements are met, and work with other teams to effectively provide Automation solutions, create and design Automations to ensure the requirements can be met, are adequately tested, appropriate documentation is created and change management policies are followed.
Working in the Automation area requires a vast and deep knowledge of how different technologies work together. The individual will have a detailed technical understanding of different applications and Tools, service and application layers, how Orchestration Tools such as PTC Integrity MKS, HPOO and ServiceNow are utilized within the Bank. Knowledge of coding interactions between Applications and Tools using API functions will be considered an asset.
The Automation Solutions and associated services provided by BANK must be delivered in a reliable, timely and consistent manner as they are often a key component in large initiatives that have tight timelines, business and technical requirements.
Must have –
•University, College degree or equivalent experience in programming.
•Expert in SQL and HTML
•Expert in Python
•SDLC – Coding, testing, gathering requirements
Responsibilities not limited to-
• Ability to document all the code written and relevant processes.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts in business terms
• Perform testing according to test plans, monitor and report on results, and work with others on problem resolution
• Communicate project status and provide timely escalation of issues to ensure project objectives are met
• Work effectively as a team, supporting other members of the team in achieving project/business objectives and providing client services
• Support a positive work environment that promotes customer service, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
• Ability to prioritize and multitask
• Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ensure effective change management discipline is used
• Keep current with industry and/or business trends