Position Title: Applications Architect IV
Duration: 12 months
Work Location: Toronto
• Architectural specialist that works cooperatively and as a leader on highly medium to complex and diverse projects/ issues
• Primary subject matter expert with specialized knowledge related to architecture of multiple applications and/or lines of business.
• Foresees architectural issues / gaps and identifies emerging industry trends (i.e. future-focused)
• Influences product direction and integrates technology from an architectural perspective within the business and IT environments
• Oversees project architecture direction on complex, highly-visible architecture projects
• Works with external vendors and service providers as needed to ensure compliance with Architectural and Security standards
• Works closely with IT managers and staff to complete projects.
• Provides recommendations on value-added architectural improvements / enhancements.
• Ensure that all projects that are considered architecturally significant are presented properly at the appropriate architecture review boards and any action items received are addressed.
• Other duties as assigned
• 10+ years experience in Information Technology
• 6+ years experience as a Solution Architect
• Diverse work experience within the financial services industry as a systems designer, IT infrastructure solution designer, test manager and/or IT senior operations manager.
• Proven leadership and organizational awareness skills and desire to contribute to and drive business strategy in light of changing technologies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to document and present complex technology.
• Excellent interpersonal, and teamwork skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with all divisions and level in the Bank.
• Proven knowledge of banking Risk & Finance applications and regulation such as IFRS, Basel, Credit Risk, SAS Grid, Oracle Financial Suite, etc.
• Experience using RSA SIEM, Aveksa, Ping Federate, DataPower, Websphere Enterprise Services, Hadoop and associated tools, Tableau, relational and non-relational Databases, F5, Palo Alto, Cisco, BIND, etc.
• Experience with physical and virtual infrastructure and internal/external cloud based services including Servers, Firewalls, Load Balancers, DNS, and Application Delivery Controllers
• In-depth knowledge in developing mission critical systems that support the 24×7 nature of our business environment. Strong vendor management and negotiation skills. Deep awareness, knowledge and experience with required controls & governance issues affecting LOB and IT.
• Research capabilities to find best of breed software, technology and processes.
• Extensive experience with infrastructure solutions, technology and application standards, workflow processes, Finance applications and solutions, APIs, security, application development, and currency management plans is an asset.