Job Title: Application Support Analyst
Job Type: Permanent- Full time.
We are looking for an Application Support Analyst with Guidewire experience for our insurance Client. They need to have strong technical skills to join the team. This position will have exposure to multiple business lines including Club, Travel, Insurance, Member Services and Member Advocacy.
In this role, the candidate will be working on:
- Provide level 1 and level 2 applications and systems support for our Insurance application and Insurance application integration points
- Identify and resolve incidents through our ticketing system and provide business support-
- Testing and deploying new enhancements at the request of the business and vendors
- Creating new or updates existing documentation for new processes or procedures
- Perform ongoing system maintenance and monitoring to ensure adherence to contracted service level agreements
- Maintain effective relationships with business users and other IT teams
- Learn on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision
- Identify efficient solutions to eliminate work from your team (increase operational efficiency and flexibility)
- Ensure proper escalation processes are followed and exceptions within your authority are properly documented at all times
- Working with external vendors to maintain all integration points.
- College or University degree in Information Technology or Computer related studies preferred
- Working experience supporting Guidewire / Insurance Systems (Policy Center, Billing Center, Claims Center)
- Working experience supporting document management systems (OnBase, SmartComm)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Servers 2008/2012, Windows 7 and 8
- Working knowledge of Java, Tomcat
- Understanding of Networks and Networking components
- Demonstrate computer proficiency- Must have exposure to all stages of the development lifecycle, from requirements gathering through to design, development, rollout, support and maintenance
- Ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Extremely detail oriented with time and self-management skills sufficient to plan, prioritize and organize work.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Interacts and deals with vendors for support purposes
- Ability to adapt to increased volumes and workload
- Ability to work well in a team
- Roadside knowledge or experience an asset
- Willingness to work evening/after hours/weekends