Application Support Analyst (Linux) (Unix/Solaris)
Typical Day in Role
• Proactively partners with business line representatives to drive improved technology solutions that support business strategy.
• Work together with Solutions Architect to implement bank standards.
• Proactively design, cost, business case and strategize solutions to propose to the department and business line management
• Participate in any Architecture forums. Research and recommend enhancements to the strategic technology evolution of the organization based on new and emerging technologies
• Participates as technical or business consultant in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging new packaged solutions or significant enhancements to existing applications.
• Provides expert advice and counsel to Corporate, Business Partner and/or IT areas, and IT project teams on highly complex issues related to "area of specialty".
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 3+ Unix/Solaris (experience with hardware of Solaris – oracle environment, SFTP, SSL)
• 3+ years of work experience with Linux is required
• 3+ years of experience Application Support Analyst or similar role
• Experience with Middlewhere
• WebSphere MQ
• AML/SWIFT experience
• FI/Banking experience
• PowerShell Scripting
• Solaris certification
• The incumbent must be a creative, self-starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with very good analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to assist in the resolution of complex problems
• Must possess very good interpersonal and communication skills in order to effectively work with end users and members of a project team
• Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction
• Good time management and organizational skills to effectively manage high scale project
• Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required